Killmonger short spear

Bluecabbit

I couldn’t find any threads for this but I wanted to make a copy of the short spear Killmonger uses for the last half of Black Panther. I’m having trouble finding good pictures with detail so I can figure out the dimension.

this picture is the clearest I’ve found but obviously nothing in the picture for scale.
1602959320464.png

I know Michael B Jordan is 6 feet tall so my best guess so far is the spear is about 2 1/2- 3 feet long overall and the blade being about 10-12 inches long.

If anyone has any input for good pictures I would appreciate it. My current plan is to carve the blade from clay or wood and then make molds and cast it in resin and use a traditional African hardwood for the haft.

Thanks in advance.

see. you. space. cowboy.

Although it is a "standard" and not a hard and fast rule, if the background of your image is a step, using a height of 7.5 inches and depth of 11 inches might help you compare and validate your dimension estimate.

smithjohnj thanks that’s actually a really good tip, I should be able to pivot the spear in the pic and get a scale off that step height. That’s super helpful thank you.

Now I just need to find some more reference material I think there may be some carving on the blade or haft, they may just be a rough part.

I'm currently working on this 3D print of Killmonger's spear, it prints in 2 pieces and is 15 and a half inches total for the spear head itself.
Black Panther Spear by drmcland
The model is pretty spot on as far as i can tell.
I'm almost done with the filling and sanding stage of the build.

Attachments

• Killmonger Spear.jpg
    Killmonger Spear.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 55
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back