Kill Bill sword......ok NOW we're getting somewhere!

Jumpin Jax

Sr Member
Someone's getting the idea, finally. A NICE looking sword, to boot.
handmadekillbillsword1ok.jpg

Carbon roazor-sharp blade(handmade from Masahiro, a respected maker, second to Paul Chen), all the proper sword furniture, an actual engraving of the lion, gunmetal guard, and the scabbard has the right friggin symbols, AND a gold braid....except :(
No gold rails, caps and collars on the scabbard. But it's $139 and comes with a stand.......aw what the hell :)
http://dragonsedge.biz/product_info.php/cP...3bf15438568b5ef
About time.
JJ

Indeed... it does look good. I had one of those cheapo versions but I sold it amost immediately. Crap blade, plastic handle....

I just checked shipping for one of those to where I live (Sweden)... 144 freakin dollars... That's MORE than the darn sword costs. Add to that another 30% in taxes (on the TOTAL cost if I'm unlucky) and I might as well have one hand-forged here. (well... maybe not, but almost...) I HATE it when they use UPS. Both because of the prices and because of the service. :(

I sent them a message to see if they would make an exception and use USPS... we'll see what they say.

<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Jun 15 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1261959[/snapback]</div>
Indeed... it does look good. I had one of those cheapo versions but I sold it amost immediately. Crap blade, plastic handle....

I just checked shipping for one of those to where I live (Sweden)... 144 freakin dollars... That's MORE than the darn sword costs. Add to that another 30% in taxes (on the TOTAL cost if I'm unlucky) and I might as well have one hand-forged here. (well... maybe not, but almost...) I HATE it when they use UPS. Both because of the prices and because of the service. :(

I sent them a message to see if they would make an exception and use USPS... we'll see what they say.
[/b]

Use a US middle man, like a board member here, i do it all the time and it has saved me a lot of money

cheers,

Marc

Not that I'm complaining, but doesn't that price sound too good to be true?
I didn't think you could get any sort of quality carbon steel blade that size for so little, let alone a film replica. . .

:eek :confused :eek
-Raj

<div class='quotetop'>(Jeeves @ Jun 15 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]1261996[/snapback]</div>
I didn't think you could get any sort of quality carbon steel blade that size for so little, let alone a film replica. . .
[/b]

You know the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true..."

At that price you are going to be getting carbon steel that has been formed into the blade.

It will not be folded nor will it be tempered.

I like that Kat it is the closest I have seen to a Kill Bill Kat but it is strictly a wall-hanger.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jeeves @ Jun 15 2006, 06:11 AM) [snapback]1261996[/snapback]</div>
I didn't think you could get any sort of quality carbon steel blade that size for so little, let alone a film replica.[/b]

You'll probably get a sword with the same quality as a low end Paul Chen. Etched hamon, machine made horimono, cotton ito, foil wrapped plastic habaki. It should look good as a display sword, but I wouldn't use it for anything but looking at. Frankly, the fact that it's carbon steel just means that it's harder to take care of.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sumatra @ Jun 15 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]1262007[/snapback]</div>
You'll probably get a sword with the same quality as a low end Paul Chen.
[/b]

Scary is'nt it. ;) :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Sumatra @ Jun 15 2006, 03:50 AM) [snapback]1262007[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Jeeves @ Jun 15 2006, 06:11 AM) [snapback]1261996[/snapback]
I didn't think you could get any sort of quality carbon steel blade that size for so little, let alone a film replica.[/b]

You'll probably get a sword with the same quality as a low end Paul Chen. Etched hamon, machine made horimono, cotton ito, foil wrapped plastic habaki. It should look good as a display sword, but I wouldn't use it for anything but looking at. Frankly, the fact that it's carbon steel just means that it's harder to take care of.
[/b][/quote]

wait-what does one actually "use" a sword for nowadays? Home defense? Yard Work?

I think I'd prefer is it *wasn't* razor sharp. I'll probably just hurt myself.

-cris

<div class='quotetop'>(kimncris @ Jun 15 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1262093[/snapback]</div>
wait-what does one actually "use" a sword for nowadays? Home defense? Yard Work?

-cris
[/b]

Both - you never know when those killer weeds will try and overthrow your house. Or maybe pod people :lol

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>(hound97 @ Jun 15 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1261987[/snapback]</div>
I was able to get one of those off ebay for $124 shipped.
[/b]

So... how is it quality-wise? It says is has "real ray skin" in the handle... is it plastic or what? What is the little "loop" in the scabbard made of? In the cheapo-swords it was plastic.

<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Jun 15 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1262134[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(hound97 @ Jun 15 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1261987[/snapback]
I was able to get one of those off ebay for $124 shipped.
[/b]

So... how is it quality-wise? It says is has "real ray skin" in the handle... is it plastic or what? What is the little "loop" in the scabbard made of? In the cheapo-swords it was plastic.
[/b][/quote]

Review. Review. Review. Let's hear it, Hound.
JJ

Well, I just found one on the ol' Bay for 100 bucks. (There seem to be a few sellers offering it.) I got confirmation that the handle/pommel (apologies I don't know the proper name) is made out of wood and "real ray skin"... not plastic like the super-cheapo versions. I'll post a review in a week or so when I get it.

<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Jun 16 2006, 02:32 AM) [snapback]1262544[/snapback]</div>
Well, I just found one on the ol' Bay for 100 bucks. (There seem to be a few sellers offering it.) I got confirmation that the handle/pommel (apologies I don't know the proper name) is made out of wood and "real ray skin"... not plastic like the super-cheapo versions. I'll post a review in a week or so when I get it.
[/b]
Having hear about this model on www.swordforums.com, I learned that Masahiro blades typically come with real tsuka and rayskin, it's the blade that isn't up to par with Chen, but the rest looks favorable. I plan to get one of these and see if the blade is bad enough to replace, although getting one with a good engraving will be a beast.
JJ
Edit:
Checked ebay, and aside from the flaws you will always find in a pic taken a few feet away, this sucker looks to be what Bill fans are looking for. I post this auction for the honest close-up pics, not as a plug or denouncement of the seller.: http://cgi.ebay.com/KILL-BILL-BRIDES-HAND-...1QQcmdZViewItem
The blade is very nicely polished, and by that I mean shaped and ground. The engraving is light but no one working less than a week on it will do it right. The habaki(collar) looks like brass-colored metal, but I could be wrong. The fittings look so very dead on I am pleased as punch. Ebay or whereever, I am buying this sucker.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jumpin Jax @ Jun 16 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1262618[/snapback]</div>
Having hear about this model on www.swordforums.com, I learned that Masahiro blades typically come with real tsuka and rayskin, it's the blade that isn't up to par with Chen, but the rest looks favorable. I plan to get one of these and see if the blade is bad enough to replace, although getting one with a good engraving will be a beast.
JJ
Edit:
Checked ebay,...
[/b]

That's exactly the sword I just bought. (from the same seller in fact) It has supposedly been shipped already (got the tracking no) so we'll see in a few days. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back