Kill Bill sword......ok NOW we're getting somewhere!

One of these swords arrived today. It's a huge improvement on the cheapo ones. You'd probably be disappointed if you collected real samurai swords though but for a wall hanger it's OK. The little toolkit with hammers and dowells to disassemble it it a nice touch. The tang is also apparently engraved with a Hattori Hanzo signature.

It's also designed to be displayed correctly, i.e: handle on the left and blade facing up.

This looks great, but a few concerns:

1) PVC leather? Why not real leather for the handle? Is this replaceable?

2) The handle ornaments (sorry, I'm away from my sword books--menuke?)--are they cast metal? Some wall hangers, even very nice ones, use easily chipped plated plastic, which bites. If so, could better ones be cast?

3) Someone mentioned that the scabbard is missing some furniture? Can anyone post a pic?

4) Shame about the engraved temper line (hammon?), but since it would be for display, I can live with it.

5) Final concern--who's gonna buy me one? :lol

The Cat in the movie looks like it is made of a different metal and hammered into the blade instead of an engraving.
Did anyone else notice this?

Sorry guys, I forgot all about this thread. The P.O. gave me the runaround for a few days. (Kudos to the seller, boo-hiss to the P.O. for not telling me what the problem was until the third day I called them.)

I can tell you that the sword is MUCH better than I expected for 100 bucks. It cannot compare to the cheapo $50 version of the sword. Also, the handle seems to be wrapped in real leather and not PVC. Now, I've never seen a "real", properly forged katana, so I can't say how good it is in comparison, but for a wall hanger this thing gets both of my :thumbsup :thumbsup

I would say it's as good as a UC WitchKing sword, but slightly inferior to a UC Anduril in quality.

/Joe F

<div class='quotetop'>(eegah @ Jun 29 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1270621[/snapback]</div>
So, did you get yours in the mail yet? I'd like to read your review of the sword. Thanks, Tom
[/b]

This is a collage of images showing what none of the replicas out there, from the crap to the $200 masahiro blades online can seem to capture. The golden edges are on the $200 blades but not the proper symbol. There seem to be no clear shots of it.
brideswordrw6.jpg

QT dropped the ball on this one, talk about some prop cash.
jj

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back