Khunez Suit

Also....Why is it when i view the forum at home all responses are in a "tree form" and not viewable like a regular forum. Doesn't do that at work....did i hit some button?

yeah oil never dries. i am still using the same stuff from over a year and half ago.

when in this or any thread, look at the top right under the add reply and new topic buttons. you will see an options link. click it and change display view to standard.

yeah oil never dries. i am still using the same stuff from over a year and half ago.

when in this or any thread, look at the top right under the add reply and new topic buttons. you will see an options link. click it and change display view to standard.
OMG THANK YOU! that was driving me insane. :)

nice im excited to see a new guy scratch building a pred hopefully you become one of the greats around here. I enjoy seeing people make a name for themselves. On a clay note, the biggest mistake my art teacher made was telling us air bubbles made clay explode in the kiln lol thus the kiln bomb was created by jerks like me. But i do wish i had taken that class more seriously i would poppin out preds too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES6BOZ-N9dM

First i did not know what Alginate was, so i googled .... Intresseting stuff!

So IF i understand this so far: Make a clay model, make a buket with alginate and put the model in and wait till alginate is almost hard/solide and pull it out.

Put resin or other matrial to make the latex(or other material) sculp??

Brush layers of latex on the resin sculp and when ready pull it of the sculp.

Paint it and done?

IF i have it right ... summer of 2011 there will be a new latex predator in Holland :)

If you molded water-based clay over a plaster armiture of your hand (If I'm reading that correctly), then the plaster more than likely expediated the drying process of the clay by sucking all the water out of it. Definitely put some thought into moving to a sulfur-free oil based such as Klean Klay or Chevant.

Good luck and can't wait to see the next go!

Oh, and Andre, nice thread hijack...

If you molded water-based clay over a plaster armiture of your hand (If I'm reading that correctly), then the plaster more than likely expediated the drying process of the clay by sucking all the water out of it. Definitely put some thought into moving to a sulfur-free oil based such as Klean Klay or Chevant.

Good luck and can't wait to see the next go!

Oh, and Andre, nice thread hijack...

I think you are correct sir. Probably dried it from the back side and cracked through to the surface. I bought a bunch of oil clay bricks!

I just pulled my ultra cal hand blanks from the alginate mold and they came out decent for me not ever doing one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES6BOZ-N9dM

First i did not know what Alginate was, so i googled .... Intresseting stuff!

So IF i understand this so far: Make a clay model, make a buket with alginate and put the model in and wait till alginate is almost hard/solide and pull it out.

Put resin or other matrial to make the latex(or other material) sculp??

Brush layers of latex on the resin sculp and when ready pull it of the sculp.

Paint it and done?

IF i have it right ... summer of 2011 there will be a new latex predator in Holland :)

The alginate is expensive as far as materials are concerned. The only reason you use this stuff is because it wont burn you when you cast your own self in it.
I used it to get a solid ultra cal copy of my hands which i will then sculpt the pred hands from....cast again....and then pull a latex from. I just wanted a sturdy base this time.

Do a sculpt....dont cast clay in alginate. alginate is for casting your own face/hands/feet.

nice im excited to see a new guy scratch building a pred hopefully you become one of the greats around here. I enjoy seeing people make a name for themselves. On a clay note, the biggest mistake my art teacher made was telling us air bubbles made clay explode in the kiln lol thus the kiln bomb was created by jerks like me. But i do wish i had taken that class more seriously i would poppin out preds too
Thanks man! Im excited as hell about this. (kiln bombs were fun) tehehe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back