Key to Time

Darksyde13

Sorry if this isn't the right, been a while since I checked in here. After doing some searches it has been some time since there was any key to time talk. Does anyone know of any current offerings or printable versions out there currently? I have one old one I made for 3d printing that I've never been 100% happy with as the fit isn't quite right and lacks detector holes. Found one thingaverse that looks to be a better fit but still lacks the sensor holes. Any pointers in a direction are appreciated! Thanks!

Maybe you can contact the model maker and ask them to take that model and add the hole for the tracer. Or you could try putting the whole in the STL files yourself (or ask a savvy friend).

I don't see one on thingiverse. Can you post a link or direct me to the file? It is super easy to cut a hole in an existing stl object.

Also, tell me how big you want the hole.

I just took a look at the 3D printing Doctor Who website (an archive of 3D models from the world of Doctor Who freely available for everyone) and someone has made a 3D model of the key to time with a hole for the "tracer" with also the tracer itself. I hope to not go against any rule posting it here as it is an archive made by some fans.

3D Printing Doctor Who

I just took a look at the 3D printing Doctor Who website (an archive of 3D models from the world of Doctor Who freely available for everyone) and someone has made a 3D model of the key to time with a hole for the "tracer" with also the tracer itself. I hope to not go against any rule posting it here as it is an archive made by some fans.

3D Printing Doctor Who
That looks pretty amazing, I'll have to check out the files. Thank you!

I don't see one on thingiverse. Can you post a link or direct me to the file? It is super easy to cut a hole in an existing stl object.

Also, tell me how big you want the hole.
If I'm honest I am blanking on if the hole was 1/2 inch of 1 inch heh, It's been so long since I worked on it. This is the most recent I found on thingiverse but I think I'll check out files RoccatiDaniele found next. Having the tracer as well is encouraging. Thank you everyone for your input!

I was part of a run of KTT segments here on RPF a decade ago, they're still one of my prize props.

As for the tracer, here's the schematic I created to build it.

7644649648_4a11ede0a9_o.jpg

so 1/2 inch, thank you, and that is amazing. I vaguely remember this being posted. Thank you for digging it up!
The measurements may be off a hair, we looked extensively at screen caps of actors holding the prop for scale. Also, I used US Plastics parts, so what they had available in Clear plastic was the material used. Don’t forget to make the main tube hollow, its interior has a thin red tube inserted. Let us know when you get the parts, I’d love to see it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back