Key to Hamunaptra <> 3.1 - WIP

So, I figured out that after setting up my 3D resin printer, that there was a power outage, and I need to reinstall the firmware on the micro-sd card. :eek:
It just kept cycling the screen and wouldn't boot. So, I haven't been able to print yet.

I’ve just about finished my Map of Hamunaptra which I’ve been carefully painting on papyrus:
IMG_3296.jpg

I was also really curious if there are any updates?

I was also really curious if there are any updates?

I ripped the carpet out of my room, moved the bed and put in new furniture. The room is just getting back in one piece. The FDM printer is set up and running, but not my Resin printer yet. Once it's set up, I'll be back in business.

That map is LEGIT! Can't wait to see the progress once your resin printer is up and running. I just got my resin printer dialed in so I know your results are going to take legit to the next level hehe!

Hey, just wanted to check in to see if there are any updates! I’d be willing to pay to have the key printed by a 3-D printing company like shapeways.

Hey, just wanted to check in to see if there are any updates! I’d be willing to pay to have the key printed by a 3-D printing company like shapeways.

You know, Shapeways now does ALUMINUM. I found the steel way to heavy for the springs I am using, but I wonder about aluminum. If it's light enough, I have a solution for brass-plating-aluminum. A metal key, in brass plated aluminum could be pricey, but METAL would be cool nonetheless. I think I'll print one of the flaps in Aluminum from Shapeways and test the springs on it. Thanks for the idea. :cool:

That sounds awesome. I love the idea of a proper metal key. What kind of springs are you using? I always find it so tough choosing springs with the right strength without buying like 10 and trying them. Been thinking about cold casting for the metal behavior. Finish might be better?

That sounds awesome. I love the idea of a proper metal key. What kind of springs are you using? I always find it so tough choosing springs with the right strength without buying like 10 and trying them. Been thinking about cold casting for the metal behavior. Finish might be better?

The aluminum might be ever so slightly textured, but I'll smooth it if necessary. I don't have the information on the springs at hand anymore. I bought, like, 100 springs when I found the right ones, and don't remember what I bought. I could take measurements and find them again when I need them.

This is raw cast, without springs, hinges or lock. I just wanted a fast (and rough) print to test out the new lock.

I'm just showing off the metallic color, here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back