Key to Hamunaptra <> 3.1 - WIP

Well, it's a bit weird but...

My wife and I just bought a new house. She asked me to build a circular bed in our bedroom. I'm not fan of this design so I told her : "What about a octogonal bed?" She said ok but with beautiful design... So I searched and finally, found the key to hamunaptra. She's in love with the idea (I plan to make also the bed sheets with the symbols).
I have access to a Cnc miller but I need the symbols as good as I can find to transform them into dxf file and mill each side of my future bed.

Don't judge me, I love my wife :)

Well, it's a bit weird but...

My wife and I just bought a new house. She asked me to build a circular bed in our bedroom. I'm not fan of this design so I told her : "What about a octogonal bed?" She said ok but with beautiful design... So I searched and finally, found the key to hamunaptra. She's in love with the idea (I plan to make also the bed sheets with the symbols).
I have access to a Cnc miller but I need the symbols as good as I can find to transform them into dxf file and mill each side of my future bed.

Don't judge me, I love my wife :)
Congratulations on the new house!

I wont be super-fast (I have some 'real' Egyptology to finish first so it might be a week or two) but I can use JSesh and make you a PDF with the heiroglyphs, you should be able to scale that as you need.

This idea definitely needs its own thread though!

Thanks !

Happy to see some good vibes about this idea ! (my dad told me i'm not his son anymore ;) )

Take your time... I have the kitchen to finish first.
But I'm really suprised there isn't yet this kind of pdf existing somewhere...

This idea definitely needs its own thread though!
It will, no problems ! :)

Thanks !

Oh, I'd also be interested in a clearer replication of the hieroglyphs. A PDF would just be fine. I've got the idea to make a small version of the Book of the Dead at Blu-ray case size, and a small version of the key would go along nicely with that.

Greetings!
I too have been searching for a key to properly fit the book that I have.
I have a cast open and one closed. y are nice and fit my display ok but it would be epic to have one that actually works and is the proper size.
Are you planning to do a run?
What kind of printer are you using?
Cheers!

Greetings!
I too have been searching for a key to properly fit the book that I have.
I have a cast open and one closed. y are nice and fit my display ok but it would be epic to have one that actually works and is the proper size.
Are you planning to do a run?
What kind of printer are you using?
Cheers!

The key is in 2 parts for the body and 8 flaps. I just tried printing it. With the specs that I want, each flap would be 3-4 hours and each of the two body pieces would be about 60 hours printing (each). This would be with a FDM printer. This is too long for my taste.

I also have an LCD printer that prints in resin. I am now looking into how long it would take to print in resin. I may print in resin and paint, or offer it unpainted. I am almost done with a current commission, so, I'll come back to this and see about printing in resin. Should be shortly.

Wow... looking forward to hearing more about this.

That is a long build for sure.
I wonder how long they would take on a Stratasys Connex printer or a Formlabs Form2 or 3 printer?

Wow... looking forward to hearing more about this.

That is a long build for sure.
I wonder how long they would take on a Stratasys Connex printer or a Formlabs Form2 or 3 printer?

I could definitely lower the time by using lower specs on the FDM, but it would still take an excessive amount of time. LCD and other resin printers are more focused on VERTICAL printing. Meaning you can print as wide as you want, and time is more determined but the height of the object. I think this will be better done on my LCD printer.

Yes, my printer is similar to the Formlabs 2 or 3, as they are all variations of resin printers. I have to get my resin printer set up, it's in storage right now.

Okay, my commission project has been completed and mailed. He's on theRPF, so I let him show off the work if he wants to.

So, I've got to quickly come up with a working copy of my key here. I'll likely be printing the 3.0 with my new Resin printer in the next 3 days.
The upside is that it should print MUCH quicker with high resolution in Resin. The downside is that they don't have any metallic resin...so, it'll need to be painted.

Stay tuned !
:D

Glad to see you got it finished.
Hoping to see some images soon.
I will keep watching out for this.
It's almost like a grail quest for me....
Cheers!

Glad to see you got it finished.
Hoping to see some images soon.
I will keep watching out for this.
It's almost like a grail quest for me....
Cheers!

The FDM printer was having trouble printing the hinges properly. I'll be using my LCD - SLA printer to print it. The problem is finding a good resin, since metallic resins are few and far between, or expensive.

Any chance of updates for the key 3.0? Or a ball park price range they’ll be offered at? I’ve been looking for one that’s somewhat affordable forever, and was hoping this would be it. I’ve found one on Etsy but it’s almost $300. However, I was planning on proposing at Comic Con, because Brendan Fraser will be there and we are dressing up as Rick and Evie, but that is at the end of April, so I’m kind of on a time crunch.

Anyway, updates greatly appreciated! Thank you!
stj.jpg

The Corona virus claims another victim. Comic Con.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back