Kevin's scatter build thread

Ready for compaction test.

20211002_144420.jpg

Very interesting please update us, I’m wicked curious of the way of construction
So far, what you see is the slab formed and the footers dug out. Next step is the footer steel, footer electrical bond and a termite treatment. Updates coming soon

Poured today.

They used a pump to bring it to my backyard. Ready for blocks after it hardens for a few days.
20211018_091718.jpg
20211018_091757.jpg
20211018_135513.jpg

Attachments

• 20211018_093346.jpg
    20211018_093346.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 20211018_151452.jpg
    20211018_151452.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
this amazes me, up here this process would never pass, we aren't allowed to build on anything but virgin earth. we cant bring fill in compact and build on top, we have to go down never up

mind blowing

You're much higher and you're soil is actually soil and not sand like ours is. Swimming pools are 5 foot deep on the average and have to be built using a sump pump through the entire process before finishing and filling otherwise water gets in and it will literally pop out of the ground. Go figure. Lol. If they have deeper pools, they're built up or pretty old.

I could have gone the stem wall route but that would have cost a lot more.(more than double) It would still have the same deck height however instead of fill, it would be solid concrete on the sides with some fill in the middle. Footers would be under the stem wall.

Next step is the rebar reinforcement with solid pour concrete every 2 feet. That's what the cuts are on the bottom of the walls. They're inspection ports. You will also see the hurricane straps sticking out of the top during the next phase.

Last edited:
wow! block building i had no idea!
This will be a vault . I have to protect my props and toys. :lol: ;) :lol:

Partially true-- This is being built as living area so it has to be built to meet current local Florida building codes. Solid pour concrete blocks at 2 feet and Hurricane straps on the roof, impact glass windows storm rated door and fully climate controlled

Last edited:
we need h2.5a straps here on every build no matter how close to the water we live. but if we are 1 mile from the water we need hurricane windows rated for 210mph .... fire fighters love them...

you couldn't have stick built that with lumber if you wanted to?

we need h2.5a straps here on every build no matter how close to the water we live. but if we are 1 mile from the water we need hurricane windows rated for 210mph .... fire fighters love them...

you couldn't have stick built that with lumber if you wanted to?
Lumber yes, but 2 reasons not to.
1. With all the straping and tie downs, you're not saving much. We have to run all-thread bolted through pad to ceiling top plate of walls every 2 feet and spend a fortune on hurricane straps.
2. Wood frame houses aren't really recommended. ROT and termite damage will take over pretty fast.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back