Kevin Smith Dogma Props

pabink

Hey everyone...
Just wanted to say first off that Kevin Smith's auction was an amazingly fun time. Im local so i went on down to participate in the Live version. the room wasn't huge but that made it all the better...very personal setting. Kevin and Jay Mewes were podcasting and live streaming the entire event. the table setup was literally two feet from me so it was great to be able to listen in on the podcast during the slow times of the auction itself. A good portion of the props and wardrobe were placed around the perimeter of the room, there was so much great stuff. The two props I ended up snagging were The golden Calf, and Bartelby's chest armor. I can't express how stoked i was when the auctioneer said SOLD. there was quite a battle for a few of the items between myself and some online bidders. enough so that kevin and mewes jumped in a few times to comment on the action. Propworx did an amazing job and I would definitely visit their events again.
below im going to post a few pics from the event and also a quick video i grabbed of what the room looked like. nothing outstanding just something to give a general feel.
I will be posting a ton more photos when i pick up the pieces at some point here in the next week or so.
what a kick ass time.:thumbsup

Here is the link to the quick auction video
Kevin Smith auction on Vimeo

Also, if anyone is interested, I recently finished KNB EFX GROUP current demo...Howard and Greg posted it on their site KNB EFX GROUP,INC if you were at monsterpalooza in 2009 or 2010 you may have seen our other versions...which may also be on the site...check it out its a fun little piece.
enjoy!

Pabink, I am officially classifying you as my nemesis. Those were the only two items I bid on and you snagged them both.

Well played... well played indeed.

Thanks guys, such a cool time. KidL, ouch ...Nemesis...such a strong word haha...but wait am i the hero, or Villain Nemesis, because technically jokers Nemesis is batman...er...something. sorry though dude, there's no way of knowing who you're bidding against there, so all i did was try my hardest to get a prop that would mean a lot to me. and i've heard from numerous people on twitter and such who were also after those exact props as well. hopefully you were able to grab another lot.

but wait am i the hero, or Villain

Well, seeing as how you're in possession of a false idol and the armor of a fallen angel, I'm going to have to say you're the villain. Though, once you post those pictures I'm sure the tables will turn... :)

But seriously, congrats on winning them! I saw the breast plate on display when the Secret Stash was still open in Westwood. It's an impressive piece!

Out of curiosity, did the Wings sell? and if you know how much for. My studio built those props and effects, Including your armor. We still have the only set of fully animatronic wings in our display room

Second highest price realized at the auction:
Bartleby's Angel Wings: $2300.

(Kevin's Bluntman costume went for $2750)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back