Kevin Flynn TRON Motorcycle jacket...DONE...(alpinestars NYC)

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
howdy,

i got really lucky yesterday and found a store that had 1 alpinestars nyc jacket in their inventory, happened to be my size, and the kicker was since it was discontinued i got it for only 200$!! got the jacket this morning and crap, its heavy and awesome.

I ordered some EL strips in white to make this screen accurate and plan on using it on my motorcycle. Here are some photos.

2rm30uq.jpg

sg4ys4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kevin Flynn TRON Motorcycle jacket...(alpinestars NYC)

Right on!! Can't wait to see the progress and results!

Woah! gah! Lucky, thats awesome cant wait to see it with the led stip in

still waiting on the parts from glowhut, in the meantime, i went out and bought something today to compliment the jacket and something Flynn would approve of. oh yes. #grid

409164_10101212786522969_8817187_66527137_1433128805_n.jpg

is that the same model that Sam rides? if so you need to put round bar end mirrors on it like the movie bike. i'm going for that kind of look with my Triumph Street Triple R. all satin black with Tron font logos to compliment my Sam Flynn UDR suit and forthcoming Rinzler UDR suit.

Hi,

no this Ducati is a Monster, i just loved it when I rode it. the one if the film is a S1000 and were discontinued when the film was made and super expensive to get. I still haven't gotten my dang EL kit but I did get my Tron watch to match with the EL lights at night!

AkG-BHxCEAE6kOz.jpg:large

finally, after a while to deliver from glowhut, the el strip finally has been installed on the alpinestar jacket. I cut off about 8" or 9" from the strip and it did get significantly brighter and fit perfectly on the strip of the jacket. very very happy how this played out, completely lights up my room and will look killer on the motorcycle when i ride at night. Here are some photos.

down side, when the EL strips off, it's pink. yup, so I can always take it off since it's velcrod down. and the power box is a little large, (9 volt size) so it's in the inside pocket so i can turn it off or on or blinking. hope you guys like it.

399787_10101233083622419_8817187_66601057_750136292_n.jpg

2d9qn43.jpg

2mq71cn.jpg

the last picture, ^, the EL strip is dimmer at it's full length

Nice jacket.

To be authentic though, you need a similiar strip on the inside of the other side.

I have a cloth jacket that I modified to have proper lights (and a disc mount on back :cool) but I don't have any recent pictures online.

thanks for the compliments fellas!

Here's the two helmets i use. the AGV 1/3 helmet for the day time and for night time i have a HJC half helmet. I plan on getting some Rinzler decals for the HJC helmet.

18603_4.jpg

400x376_1-131.jpg

that is a sweet Boxer helmet, never seen that one.

I cut the EL tape with just regular scissors, i cut a lot from the strip and the remaining strip worked fine and brighter. no problems cutting it, simple and easy. I don't think i'll be doing the inside el strip, too much to carry when riding the motorcycle as is with the 9v and power box.

Nice job!

I've had the jacket since early last year, got it when they started closing them out as well. Haven't had time to do the strips yet, but planned on doing all three... the storm flap, opposite inside facing, plus surrounding the inside collar.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back