Kestrel prop material

GodlessMimicry

Hi all,

New to the forums, so apologies if this is the wrong place for such questions, it seemed correct.

I am currently set to try and build a "con-safe" bow for my S4 Arrow build. I have sorted out PVC limbs (power and outer) and am looking into the best elasticated string, however I am stumped on the riser. I have a template ready to go but not sure what to build it out of. First, some context. The aim of the bow is to be photo functional, but that's all, so you could draw back the elastic and place a fake arrow (dowel rods with rubber tips), but there would be no tension as the body would maintain 'drawn' shape at all times. Essentially I am building a toy. Second and more importantly maybe, I have no woodworking skills so that is out. EVA foam seemed like the cheapest and simplest way to go about it, however it is weak, and though there are suggestions out there, consensus seems to be that strengthening or hardening it is a bad idea.

So basically I want to know what you guys would suggest using to build the riser, so it is durable but not a huge hassle or bank breaker to craft? Note the shape is the only thing of note about the riser; there are no intricate details to be done.

Pic for reference: http://www.bowhunter.com/wp-content...-best-new-compound-bows-for-2014/cp_eagle.jpg

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back