Kerberos Panzer Jager

jjgoertz

I've decided to work on a Kerberos Panzer Jager based on Hot Toys' figure. I'm starting with the mask and helmet.

Here's some reference pictures of the original:

And here's what I've done with a Monster Clay sculpt so far. I've taken some liberties with the eyes, making them larger and closer together than on the toy, so hopefully I'll actually be able to see out of them.

I haven't cast anything like this before, but I plan on doing a brush on silicone mold, and doing left and right halves for the rigid shell. I expect I'll have to slit the silicone mold underneath the chin and going up to the filter/nozzle thing to get the mold off. Does anyone have any thoughts that I should do the mold differently? The number of undercuts on this mask might make things tough.

It's been forever since my last update, but I have some progress.

I made a silicone glove mold with a plaster bandage jacket.

And I made my first pull with Smooth Cast 65D.

It turned out pretty well, but now that I have something I can actually hold up to my face I wish I would have sculpted it a bit wider.

Another year later and I finally got some paint on the mask.

IMG_20161029_161227_zpsmtu7oxiz.png

IMG_20161029_161231_zpsalt8amk2.png

Also got the helmet and glued in some lenses.

IMG_20161029_163648_zpsa9bk1x9g.png

IMG_20161029_163658_zps6rbqfe3i.png

I think it looks pretty good, and at this rate the costume will probably be done in 10 more years.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back