Kenner Target Exclusive Landspeeder

franz bolo

Sr Member
Anyone else buy one of the new Hasbro Landspeeders from the Star Wars Vintage Collection?

Landspeeder – Hasbro Toy Conversion by Paul Nyul

61XGacEBJpL._AA1000_.jpg

71-StDUOqFL._AA1000_.jpg

FB

Seeing those toys in the vintage packaging in the toy isles is always like a trip back in time. It´s scary, really, I am not used to seeing so many toys in vintage packaging except in my secret storage room or at toy shows :lol I don´t expect to see them, and then there´s a wall of them!

Saw it at ToysRus last week, looks really neat.

I do love that they recreated the old scenes very faithfully...

Do they sell it at TRU also? The box says Target Exclusive. It's different from the vintage one and the proportions seem more acurate.

Odd that they would change the design and call it vintage! :lol

FB

Target Exclusive means just that, unfortunately. There is always E-Bay, albeit at a marked up price.

TazMan2000

I got one also. Just to cool not to. I didn't realize that it came with Luke's long rifle and a spot to hang it on the side of the speeder. Makes it even better!

I hate to admit it but i picked one up as well - the vintage packaging got to me being the Landspeeder was maybe one of the first toys I ever bought from Star Wars when I was 7. Could have been the x-wing. And WHY didn't someone in the 70's think to put transparent wheels on the old one like this one has - sure would have cut down on pushing the gearshift to get the wheels in the belly of the vehicle then holding it in floating position by the top thruster engine. There was also a Taun Taun in vintage packaging - but the Speeder is the winner of the two.

Anyone have this one?
sagalandspeederbx_1.jpg

is there much of a difference with the speeder?

I'm not a toy guy, but that is cool! Wish we had Target stores up here.. A little paintwork and that could be a really nice piece.

Just to let others know, the Target Exclusive Landspeeder is for sale up here in Canada at Zellers and is on sale. Good luck!

Its a really nice piece and yes, the box for it is AWESOME!!!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!

Saw it at ToysRus last week, looks really neat.

I guess in Germany it must be for sale at Toys R Us?

Anyone have this one?
sagalandspeederbx_1.jpg

is there much of a difference with the speeder?

Yes, I have both. The one you have here pictured above is the exact same toy, just painted with the colour scheme of the gas powered version of the Landspeeder prop/vehicle. The new Hasbro Vintage version is painted in the colour scheme of the Speeder that hung on the boom arm for when Luke go into it or jumped out. I didn't realise there were two paint schemes until I bought this new toy and checked out which one was more accurate? Turns out BOTH are!

Last edited:
That's odd, there's tons of them here in New Zealand & the Taun as well, plus heaps of other vintage packaged goodies. :confused
Stu

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back