Kenner Target Exclusive Landspeeder

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by franz bolo, Dec 31, 2011.

1. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

2. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes. I bought it for my son. It is pretty cool

3. TallDarkandDisfigured

TallDarkandDisfigured Sr Member

I'm not a toy guy, but that is cool! Wish we had Target stores up here.. A little paintwork and that could be a really nice piece.

4. division 6

division 6 Master Member

I didn't notice it at the Target I work at but I did see many SW sets on clearance.

5. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Seeing those toys in the vintage packaging in the toy isles is always like a trip back in time. It´s scary, really, I am not used to seeing so many toys in vintage packaging except in my secret storage room or at toy shows :lol I don´t expect to see them, and then there´s a wall of them!

Saw it at ToysRus last week, looks really neat.

I do love that they recreated the old scenes very faithfully...

6. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

Do they sell it at TRU also? The box says Target Exclusive. It's different from the vintage one and the proportions seem more acurate.

Odd that they would change the design and call it vintage! :lol

FB

7. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

Target is supposed to open up 135 Canadian stores by 2013. This may not help you with this item, but hopefully future items will be accessible easier.

TazMan2000

8. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

Target Exclusive means just that, unfortunately. There is always E-Bay, albeit at a marked up price.

TazMan2000

9. steveo

steveo Sr Member

10. Underdog

Underdog Sr Member

No, but I still have my Cox Gas Powered version.

11. Underdog

Underdog Sr Member

No, but I still have my "Cox Gas Powered Landspeeder."

12. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

That does look good. Was on the fence about getting one, not now.

13. xingshen

xingshen Active Member

I got one also. Just to cool not to. I didn't realize that it came with Luke's long rifle and a spot to hang it on the side of the speeder. Makes it even better!

14. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I hate to admit it but i picked one up as well - the vintage packaging got to me being the Landspeeder was maybe one of the first toys I ever bought from Star Wars when I was 7. Could have been the x-wing. And WHY didn't someone in the 70's think to put transparent wheels on the old one like this one has - sure would have cut down on pushing the gearshift to get the wheels in the belly of the vehicle then holding it in floating position by the top thruster engine. There was also a Taun Taun in vintage packaging - but the Speeder is the winner of the two.

Anyone have this one?
    [​IMG]
    is there much of a difference with the speeder?

15. Tremas

Tremas Sr Member

:love:love:love:love I will now! :)

I used to work in a toy store in the early '80s; unfortunately we weren't allowed to buy any of the things we sold (customers first, and all that). I missed out on this and the gun version of Megatron, among other things.

Not THIS time! :D

16. Brinn 71

Brinn 71 Well-Known Member

Just to let others know, the Target Exclusive Landspeeder is for sale up here in Canada at Zellers and is on sale. Good luck!

Its a really nice piece and yes, the box for it is AWESOME!!!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!

I guess in Germany it must be for sale at Toys R Us?

Yes, I have both. The one you have here pictured above is the exact same toy, just painted with the colour scheme of the gas powered version of the Landspeeder prop/vehicle. The new Hasbro Vintage version is painted in the colour scheme of the Speeder that hung on the boom arm for when Luke go into it or jumped out. I didn't realise there were two paint schemes until I bought this new toy and checked out which one was more accurate? Turns out BOTH are!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  17. TallDarkandDisfigured

TallDarkandDisfigured Sr Member

Thanks for the heads up Brinn! I'll check em out tomorrow. My wife works for WalMart so I rarely venture into Zellers, but I'll go for Star Wars!!

18. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

*. This was never available in Australia.

Hasbro.....you suck.

19. eagle1

eagle1 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's odd, there's tons of them here in New Zealand & the Taun as well, plus heaps of other vintage packaged goodies. :confused
    Stu

20. Weezer

Weezer Well-Known Member

21. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

There's only one area that you can't see, in those pics - the area under the speeder"s right engine pod. If I was going to do a diorama, that's where I'd put a rig - as far out of scene, as possible. You can look at it from the front, side and top and never notice the rig. As long as you don't look at it from the rear, or directly eye level (so you can see clearly, underneath), you'd never know how it was done.

But, that's just a guess. Maybe he's developed repulsion technology and this was the first practical application :lol.

-Fred

22. Weezer

Weezer Well-Known Member

I thought the support was straight out from the vaporator. But checking the photo angle, your right... it looks more like the back engine is the support point.

23. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

Hi Stu,
    What are they selling for over your way?

24. eagle1

I never actually looked at the price last visit, but I'll check next time.
    Stu

25. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice recreation with the new toys!

[​IMG][​IMG]

26. eagle1

Been in to the store today, found 9 Landspeeders on the shelves at $60.00 NZD with a further 25% off due to a nationwide store toy sale.
    Stu

27. rustyj

rustyj Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Can't get enough of the 'vintage' packaging! Hasbro's going to be putting out some Prequel merchandise on vintage style packaging as well!

28. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

****, they're expensive. Even if it works out to $45.

I'm just waiting for a new tool X-1 for Vader. That would sit very nicely with the other new tool TIE's I have.