Kenner 1980 snowspeeder: toy repaint

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by Vacformedhero, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Hi all,
    as a diversion from my millennium falcon I thought I'd do a toy conversion for my son. This toy came as part of a batch I was after , what I really wanted was the BWing but I got this snowspeeder and a cloud car with it, while the B-Wing is excellent for conversion hopefully to mimic a studio scale model. But the snowspeeder was missing a lot of parts, missing front guns , cockpit glass and frame, rear engine detail, rear harpoon gun.
    Thankfully I managed to get a whole kenner snowspeeder already so I wasn't worried about the condition of this one.
    Anyway my son wanted it converted to a racer, so we decided one of my favourite colour schemes is the Gulf colours as worn by the weir porsche 917's . As my son liked it too he asked me to repaint the speeder in the famous blue and orange scheme.
    i wanted is to be relatively quick turn around so I stripped down the toy, removed the electric components, they weren't working anyway.
    here is the toy stripped along side the B-Wing , Cloud Car and reasonable condition snowspeeder.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow I plan to mask off the stripes and finish the paintwork. Then on to the dirtying down , ageing etc.

Attached Files:

Junk Pilot likes this.
  2. jake88

jake88 Sr Member

Nice! Your going to be having some good times ahead!

Vacformedhero likes this.
  3. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Throwing up the shot of the start of the paint job my first time doing maskol to create wear, and a scratch built cockpit, nice change from minute details of falcon , very refreshing, I want to get this done and move on, will scratch something special for the battery compartment...

Attached Files:

Randy13 likes this.
  4. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Customisation started, filled in battery box for a special guest, and mounted the beginning of new features that my son requested

Attached Files: