Katee Sackoff flies with Blue Angels

And of course some of the comments on there immediately went political.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I love her. She was the best thing about NuBSG.

I love her, too! (Even though Kat was my favorite pilot. And Dualla was my favorite hottie. Well, it's tied between Dee and Number 6.)'

But back to Katee! She is an awesome actress. And out of all the actresses I've ever seen, on any TV show or in any movie, attempt to pull off a badazz female character, Katee was the most believable.

I had a cool little thrill when I was playing Halo 3. After completing the campaign on Legendary, I found all the skulls to see how many I could activate and still beat the bots in solo campaign on Legendary. I was able to do it with 9 of the 13 skulls activated. Well, at any rate, one of the skulls when activated turned on new dialogue. And I was thrilled when i heard Katee's voice as one of my marines, as we stormed a room full of Covies! Her voice is unmistakable, and I really felt like Starbuck was fighting by my side! It was fracking awesome!!!

The Wook

I was thrilled when i heard Katee's voice as one of my marines

I know what you mean. I was watching that new Great-granddaughter Commercial for the University of Phoenix last night and got all excited because the narrator sounded just like Maz Kanata! That got me thinking of the actress who did her voice in TFA and I couldn't remember her name, but I was thinking about how CGI often mimics the real actor's face (think Avatar especially). Then later last night I was flipping channels and landed on Hidden Figures. And stopped flipping when I saw, who I thought, was the lady that played Maz, and started watching the movie just to hear her speak. And though her voice is actually very similar, I was surprised to see just now that I was totally wrong after I checked the IMDB pages for the two movies.

Lupita Nyong'o who plays Maz Kanata in TFA does look a little like her character, but Janelle Monáe who played Mary Jackson in Hidden Figures reminds me of Maz Kanata tenfold over Lupita.

The eyes have it!...
Janelle Monáe - 03.PNGMaz Kanata.pngJanelle Monáe - 02.PNG

Even more-so in round glasses!!!
Janelle Monáe - 01 - with Alicia Keys.PNG
Too cool!!!

So I ended up having a great time watching a real "Space Movie" that all began because of a character in another movie from "A long time ago in a galaxy, far far away...."

Maybe not as thrilling as blasting badguys with Starbuck, but it was fun to see Maz Kanata send a rocket into space (in a round about kind of way) ;)!

And I met her by accident at some small-potatoes Indiana Star Trek con where I was just hoping to meet Manny Coto. Manny flaked, and I will never forgive him unless he finishes Odyssey 5, but she was extremely nice, very real, and yes an amazing Starbuck.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back