KARLOFF FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER PAINTED...

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hi Everyone.

I'm very excited to show off my paint work on one of my Karloff 'Bride' busts :D I shaved the hair off and glued real hair one...which was VERY tedious. It's supposed to look clumpy like his hair did in the movie... after all it was singed in a fire :)
I went with a yellowish/green 'dead' look, I always felt the US stamp 'Monster' was the best version yet.

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb4.jpg

nb3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think :D

H

it looks great. looks like hes rotting as he is standing there ;)

the touch of real hair adds a big chunk of realism to it as well.[sarcasm] im about to go through the same fun on another project i have going. i cant wait to sit back and glue down sections of hair in layers. oh boy yes, what fun it will be.[/sarcasm]

i honestly dont know which one i would choose, the version you painted up for realism, or the one you had done to look like the movie poster. they both look pretty cool. did you add glass eyes to this one? they look almost black.

nifty :), i dig it.
chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 20 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]1264571[/snapback]</div>
it looks great. looks like hes rotting as he is standing there ;)

the touch of real hair adds a big chunk of realism to it as well.[sarcasm] im about to go through the same fun on another project i have going. i cant wait to sit back and glue down sections of hair in layers. oh boy yes, what fun it will be.[/sarcasm]

i honestly dont know which one i would choose, the version you painted up for realism, or the one you had done to look like the movie poster. they both look pretty cool. did you add glass eyes to this one? they look almost black.

nifty :), i dig it.
chris
[/b]

Thanks Man.

That one that looks like a Basil Gogos painting was done by Jeff Camp ;)

Yes, I added some brown glass eys in this.

H

I love that first pic.

You did a great job with the finish of this bust - the fleshtone looks great. The hair is a wonderful touch and I can't imagine how much time went into it.

Hey Howard,

He looks great man.

I look forward to slingÂ’n some funky colors on this one myself.

°Jeff

camper

When the thread loaded onto my computer, that first picture was cut off by the bottom of my screen just above the mouth. I couldn't see right off that it's an armless bust. I swear it looked like the real thing to me and I said out loud, "Oh, man, that's unbelievable."

Another stunning piece of work, Howard. Beautiful choice and application of colors, and great work with the hair.

You never cease to amaze. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Howard

You are the man....what a gift you have

I'm not even really a fan of those classic monster movies but i may "need" one of those busts

can't wait for my "Han" bust to be painted by Jeff

brad

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back