JW Raptor - Same as the JP sculpt?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I'm considering paint schemes for my 1:1 velociraptor bust which is taken from the Stan Winston molds. Having seen Jurassic World, and the key role played by "Blue", I was wondering, are the JW raptors (specifically "Blue") the same as those in JP? The JP and JP2 raptors were the same sculpt, and the JP3 raptors were a very different new sculpt, but what about the JW raptors? Are they a new sculpt/design (for the very few "real" - non-CGI - raptors) or based on the first/second movie?

Basically, would a JP raptor, in JW paint scheme look "accurate", or are there big differences that I'm unaware of?

JW:
url
url

JP:
url

JP2:
8632840_1.jpg

I'm not sure if the digital model they used in JW somehow came from scans of the originals. I do know that Stan Winston studios did not make any dinosaurs for JW. My personal opinion is that it's a custom sculpt, but I've been wrong on multiple occasions.

Your photos aren't loading for me, but perhaps that's just because I'm on mobile?

Based on the few photos I've seen, the JW raptors have quite a few different details. The point of the muzzle, nostrils, eyes, and wrinkle details have all been enhanced or altered when compared to the JP Raptor. If I had to guess, I'd say it is indeed a new sculpture. Would anyone notice the difference if it was painted like the JW raptor? Probably not.

I believe Legacy Effects supplied the practical dinos for the movie.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back