Justice League Cyborg New 52 W.I.P

So a minor update I finished the top pieces of the shoulder bells. I added a couple of views so you could see it up close and from above. I also made some progress on the cannon but don’t have any good pictures worth posting. Hopefully tonight I will be able to create the left arm and have some pictures for that.

tumblr_m5ia4mFc4x1rxnqt1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5ia4aWO0S1rxnqt1o1_500.jpg

So the Motto from this weekend is... when life gives you lemons get... some Bondo and fix that *****.

I was using the 65D this weekend to coat the shoulder bells however for some reason it did not cure properly. Instead of becoming hard plastic it was this sticky gooey stuff. However I wasn't defeated. I just slapped a coat of Bondo on top of the 65D. It seems to have fixed the problem but it has added another step in the process. :facepalm

I called the Smooth-On technical support like and they hopefully gave me some tips on how to prevent it from occurring in the future.

However I did get one shoulder bell fully coated and painted. I used some chrome spray paint which really helped give it that metal shine rather than grey paint. Once I get more pieces done I'll break out the DSLR camera and take some decent pictures. Until then enjoy the progress pics from this weekend.

Bells in covered in 65D
tumblr_m5tcioZnfD1rxnqt1o1_1280.jpg

Bell with Bondo Added
tumblr_m5tcj4mFoI1rxnqt1o1_1280.jpg

Finished Bell
tumblr_m5tchwzsc91rxnqt1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5tch8otHh1rxnqt1o1_1280.jpg

Looking good thus far! The new, larger shoulder bells are looking great.

When Smoothcast 300 has become sticky (improper cure) for me in the past, it was mostly due to not stirring as much as I should have. Sometimes it takes a lot more stirring than you expect.

Looking good thus far! The new, larger shoulder bells are looking great.

When Smoothcast 300 has become sticky (improper cure) for me in the past, it was mostly due to not stirring as much as I should have. Sometimes it takes a lot more stirring than you expect.

Yeah that's what I learned today when I called. Apparently it needs be stirred a lot! It would be helpful if they stressed it more vigorously.

Sooooo, did you finish? I'm planning Cyborg from Injustice: Gods Among Us for Halloween. Its my first foray into realistic costume making but doing a costume like this is on my bucket list. . . #scared #excited

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back