Just watched Real Steel last night

Um, so what was your job title on this film?

I didn't work on the film at all
I am not even in the film industry.....
I am Just a regular joe blow
My friend signed us up for the preview....
It was a LA times Hero Complex event.
In the beginning my wife and I didn't even want to go
But after watching the movie, we were so happy that we actually made it to the preview.
I was bashing this film since day one I see the trailer, I just started this thread to tell people how wrong I was
That's all
R

well I just came from seeing it. And even though you know what's going to happen in the trailers, and everyone has said it's cliched.

I loved it. The whole time I told myself I know whats happening next, it worked. What a fun flick. I also thought that kid would have made a great Anakin.

I won't lie...
I teared up twice at the 'tender moments' with Hugh and the kid. Overall the movie wa a hit with my son and I. The robots seems tangible, the story was in fact Rock em Sock em Rocky with Over the Top mixed in for good measure. The product placement for Dr. Pepper was not needed as it was a distraction. The kid's over the top character (no pun intended) seemed a little out of place, but likable. The ending isn't your typical outcome either.

I still havent seen it yet :/ but has anyone else noticed the clever name with the practical robots?

"we made real steel robots for this untitled film... hey i got the title!"

this film was a robotic rocky.....only thing different was Atom wasnt italian :)

rocky kept on popping in my head, but this film was great....i had low inpsections and came out a happy camper

I thought Rocky meets Over the Top...

That´s what I thought as well!

I didn´t hear anything about this movie until it came out, but I really enjoyed it and like said before, the robots -being either animatronic or cgi- looked great and convincing.

I could hear the rocky theme inside my head when Atom fought Zeus :lol:thumbsup

Markus

A really great movie! My gf said "It was good" but didn't get as excited about it as I thought she would have. I liked it though. Highly recommended!

So . . . unrealistic premise of how robots became boxers, and the lack of technology advances in the rest of the world aside, I did really enjoy this movie. Overall it was pretty fun and a good father/son sorta movie.

I did, however, laugh out loud near the end when Hugh Jackman shadow boxes in slow motion with a goofy grin on his face. It was a little too over the top and silly and killed the climax of the movie.

And the dancing was more than a little cheesy. I could have suffered through a little less of that, but I'm too old to enjoy that and kids probably eat it up. They don't know that it's awful. Danny Elfman (who I like very much) doesn't do "hip-hop" well enough to justify its use either.

Still, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was fun and better than I had expected, and I'm hard to impress.

Anything with break dance type moves is just stupid!! I hated that part. Good movie and my son loved it but it's unfortunate they added all the goofy cliche crap in there!!

FB

I finally saw it. Liked it very much. Hugh is great Dakota kid was great. Great story, Ok i loved it haha! Never had doubts for it. Glad i was right!

Finally saw this as well, Im not sure why noone had tried to do any props from the film yet.

My wife was like, Ok you need to build me a full scale version of Atom..

Yay.

Kid got on my nerves and acted a little too much like an adult. I was actually hoping that Atom was some kind of special bot ala 'Johnny-Five'. Like some forgotten experiment or somehow related to Zeus. I figure the ending was like Rocky. Just a set up for a sequel.

I was wondering about this movie. I've been wanting to see it for a while now and, after reading so much positivity, I really want to give it a try. It looked good from the trailers. Can't wait to see it.

Isn't this a full length feature version of the 1963 Twilight Zone episode "Steel" written by Richard Matheson and starring Lee Marvin?

It might be based on the same story as the TZ episode, but there's a lot added/changed. I never wanted to see the movie until finishing the Richard Matheson short story. Now I want to watch it just to see how much they changed.
Did they at least name one of the robots Battlin' Maxo?

We enjoyed it. We saw some stuff at SDCC last year and didn't check it out in theaters but after watching it was worth it. A robotic Over The Top.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back