Just got access to a shiny new laser cutter/engraver

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wastelander

My school just got a laser cutter/engraver which the design students have access to at lunch times for their own projects and school work.

This thing mostly gets used for bookmarks and poplar picture frames (what a waste!) but I was thinking it could be useful to cut out pep files accurately and quickly, and also some brass pieces i need to cut out for a cane. I was wondering if you guys have any other ideas for neat projects that could be done using the laser engraver.

Thanks
-Andy

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

HMS Mike

Hi,
Just remember that if it is a CO2 laser it will not be able to cut metal at all.

HMS Mike

it may not be able to cut metal, but they can at least etch metal a little bit. I've used the one at my school for layout on metal. Saves a lot of time

dam!, the idea of the hellraiser box panels, was great, i have some hi-def, templates, ( but I guess we all have)