Just Curious: Life-size Falcon...is it possible?

ComedicHistory

When I first became aware of that $600,000,000 the fantasies started dancing through my head and a sugar plum life-size Millennium Falcon took center stage. Now, I know anything is possible but really....could it be done and how would some of you ultra-talented bastards go about doing it, how much would it cost and how long would it take? I've seen the wooden one that was built and that was really awesome but I'm talking about full metal(?) exterior with everything we see in the film, manuals, visual guides etc etc. I know there are gaps and areas we don't have details for but there would be ways around that. IMHO we have some of the most talented people on the planet here on the RPF and I would love to see some of you break this down. Or not...this may end up getting 3 replies and that'll be the end of it :p

If you talking about just building the exterior set, its definitely possible. That's what they for Empire Strikes Back. The cost however would be in the hundreds of thousands I would think.

If you are talking about a full on Falcon with interior, you're going to run into some major problems. To put it simply, the interior doesn't fit into the exterior.

Check this...
STAR WARS: The Millennium Falcon

...and this thread on our own RPF.
http://www.therpf.com/f11/screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-102451/

There is also the issue of where you would keep the thing. And who would build, or help you build it.

If anything, it'd make one heck of a tourist attraction. It would be great if Lucas just opened his own Star Wars themed amusement park - forget about Disney's Hollywood Studios - this would be a full-on Star Wars universe experience, with different sections of the park themed as the planets featured in the films.

If anything, it'd make one heck of a tourist attraction. It would be great if Lucas just opened his own Star Wars themed amusement park - forget about Disney's Hollywood Studios - this would be a full-on Star Wars universe experience, with different sections of the park themed as the planets featured in the films.

THAT I would pay to see! :lol

Yeah the Falcon is a bit like the Dr. Who's TARDIS at times. One has to question just where does all that stuff actually fit? The biggest one for me is that centre vertical ladder leading to the guns used during the escape from the Death Star in ANH. The top gun is always visible from outside the ship, but just where is the bottom set?
And where was that room that Han first kisses Leia in ESB?

My 7YO son has a "book of layers" of the Falcon and it too does not fully answer these questions.

Chris Lee's Full Scale Millennium Falcon | Don't worry, she'll hold together…

Again... Chris Lee...

He has one of the hands down best R2's on the planet! And a super cool dude that I've had the pleasure of hanging out with several times at cons and prop get togethers...

I've heard from friends and acquaintances.... If it's gonna happen... HE'S the one that's gonna do it...

Check out the site. No updates for a while but... IDK? Need to get in touch with him!

I WILL spend the night in it in my TK armor if his offer still stands!!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:
I really hope he does it but right now it looks like he's still in just the beginning planning phase, gonna be a LONG time and lots of $ if he does pull it off. A fundraiser so that he can afford the blueprint book being his last post almost a year ago sadly doesn't look promising.

That said, if he does do it I'll of course have to make the pilgrimage. I hope he does!

The sets are a problem if you build your life size Falcon at less than life size, as they did for the movies.

If you based it on the original filming model and built it to match the scale of that (i.e. twenty four times five foot seven inches), that would be a fair bit less of a problem, since it'll be an extra sixty feet or so longer. It would also let you park your life size X-wings and Y-wings around it without having to worry about using camera tricks to avoid it all looking silly. :lol

$600M would be slightly more than needed. (For that you could probably get a production line to churn them out 24/7!) :lol

When you're done, I have these plans, hidden in the memory systems of a droid, for the ultimate weapon. Do you think we can build this life size?

Well you have to fly the 1:1 Falcon into something.....

So who's up for the challenge?

awesome idea, but i personally would rather have a full-scale firefly.. :D in the star wars universe, i'd prefer the outrider to the falcon, imho. everyone has their favorites, though. hats off to anyone with the time, money, and skill to make whatever their favorite is!

The Outrider? The OUTRIDER?! You mean the stock light freighter with no room for freight anywhere? Now the Otana, that's a nice freighter...

And, Nwerke, does this -

"$600M would be slightly more than needed. (For that you could probably get a production line to churn them out 24/7!)"

mean you'll be starting an interest thread soon? Very subtle!

A life size Falcon would be sweet. But for the price you could get one heck of a boat, plane or helicopter and actually go places.

Now for 600,000,000 of course you could do both.

Buy a HUGE hanger and build all these ships in there. Then rent them out nightly as a nerd hotel. I know I'd go!

You could break up the hanger into sections. Have a ST shuttle bay, a SW hanger, etc...

The Outrider? The OUTRIDER?! You mean the stock light freighter with no room for freight anywhere? Now the Otana, that's a nice freighter...

yes, the outrider. :p it's purely a looks thing. i fell in love with that ship playing shadows of the empire on nintendo64, years ago.

oddly enough, my favorite ship in star wars only appeared in one frame of a comic (tales of the jedi: freedon nadd uprising #1):
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg412/zaebra/TOTJ.jpg
i love the asymmetry and the overall look of the thing. i'm probably the only one. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back