Just checking

Azrael1

I'm planning to make my own predator suit and I thought the predator's skin would be a good place to start.
I'm on a rather tight budget though so I will try my best to make as much as possible of the costume from scratch.
Thus this build will involve quite a bit of latex painting, something I have no experience of what so ever.

I intend to make the main skin from a MR. Inc suit and then find some latex monsterhands and feet on ebay which I will repaint to match my suit.
I''ve done some research on the lair and it seems like I should be able to paint it all with normal acrylic paints mixed with latex.

Is this correct or have I missed something else I need to know before I consider painting latex?
I just want to make sure before I buy anything. Since I'm on a budget the last thing I need is wasting money on stuff that I won't have any use of. :)

Yep just mix in a 1:1 latex: acrylic paint mix, or about that it doesn't need to be exact
Just make sure you wash your brusheds well and don't use your best brushes the latex will glue the bristles together

How about priming latex. Would normal black spray paint work or should I paint it black with a brush?

And I'll probably buy some cheapo brushes specifically for painting this stuff so I shouldn't have to worry about the brushes getting ruined.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back