Just broootal, but why?

floeter2010

Preds mandibles are just brutal, and look great, but has he/she ever actually used them for anything?

I realize this is a dumb question, but with the physics on how his mouth actually opens and closes, Id like to see how he/she eats?

Or rips things apart...whatever works!

SDC11863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a question (among 100's of others) about pred biology that will never be answered...cause its a movie. There is nothing out there that will give a definite answer.

If you search this board diligently enough you’ll find that this subject has been touched upon, There is a discussion on how predators the uses their mandibles to manipulate food, as well as a topic mentioning why they have pink mucosa membrane ( gums) and green blood. Granted the things mentioned in these topics are our own humble opinions but they are most likely the only answers you’ll get on the subject.
~Estelle

I was JUST thinking this morning that it would have been sick to see a Pred using those mandibles to eat one of its kills, kinda shredding and scooping the food into its mouth. Just a quick shot, a little dripping gore, some juicy sound fx...cool.

The picture is me with a snuggie, I have no idea why I put it there, but I did....

Yea i thought a pred ripping his prey apart would be animalistic no doubt, but very brootal, and would add an even more carnavouric rage to an already bad ass beast...

Did I make up a couple words?

I would have said the mandabilles holds the prey close to the mouth while the mouth bits pieces off. Abit like a mantis or spider

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back