Just bought! Prince Nuada Spear from HellBoy ll

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by batgrayson, Apr 20, 2012.

1. batgrayson

batgrayson New Member

Hey just picked this up today it is as my title suggests a Hollywood Collectibles Group Replica of Prince Nuada's Spear from Hellboy ll only 5000 were produced pictures of the certificate of authenticity to follow but for now here is a picture of it:

[​IMG]

2. MazAdamsArt

MazAdamsArt New Member

Awesome, congrats on the piece!

3. batgrayson

batgrayson New Member

thanks man this is actually my first prop

4. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

NICE. I'm actually looking to get one of these eventually.

This piece is one of those props that <insert-any-collectible-company-name-here> did & actually knocked it out of the park. It almost couldn't have been done any better. :thumbsup :thumbsup

5. batgrayson

batgrayson New Member

yeah thanks I saw it at my local pawn shop and was like I must have that!

6. Father

Father Sr Member

I really want to get the sword. I asked one guy on eBay if they come sharp. He said they offered a sharpening service. I'd like to get it partly because it looks awesome and partly because if there's a zombie apocalypse I want to have a wicked stylish blade. I wouldn't be buying it as an investment so I'm not worried about sharpening it somehow diminishing its value. I'd like to have a nice scabbard though.
    Anyone have the sword?

7. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

these are prop replicas, they look nice but are not made to be used for fighting. the metal that they are made of is too brittle to take a hit off a hard object and will break easly. if you looking for a battle ready sword look around online or maybe some of the members here can recommend a site.

8. Father

Father Sr Member

So they couldn't take the top of a head off a zombie? That's disappointing? Even sharpened?

Wonder if anyone makes a "battle ready" version of it.

9. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No. The metal the replica is constructed from is fairly soft. The one I was actually able to touch, had been banged on the tip (on a carpeted floor), & it flattened the spear-tip like a pancake.

BUT it ~looks~ completely screen-accurate (which is the point with this replica).