Just bought my first Wested Indiana Jones Jacket, question for the experts...

Rusty85

Sr Member
So for this Halloween I decided I'm going to go all out and dress up as Indiana Jones. I always wanted a life-size mannequin so I plan on getting all the gear and upgrading the more expensive items as I go along. For the jacket, I ended up buying the Raiders Hero in Goatskin. Like a lot of other people I was a little confused as to the back length. I have a leather jacket here that I love that when I measure is 26.5 inches from the neck seam to the bottom of the jacket. I also got 26'' sleeves. I remember reading that on the Hero pattern you're supposed to stay on the shorter end of the back length because of the fit so I stuck with a 25.5'' for the back. I have a moderately long torso and I'm hoping this back length will work out to be the correct size. If anyone here has any idea on the matter please feel free to post if this back length will work with my height. I ended up getting the wool $45.00 Official Indiana Jones hat. I think it's done well for the price and will work for the costume until I can afford The Poet.

Welcome to the madness. In my experience, you can do all the measuring you want but you really don't know until you're actually wearing the jacket. I've been through a bunch of jackets from different makers, including one used Wested Hero, and finally settled on a Todd Coyle jacket, which gives the most bang for your buck. So wear the jacket, check the mirror, post some pics and see how you feel about it.

As far as the fedora, I wouldn't go any lower-end than a Todd's Downtowner (Uptowner now?) or an Akubra Fed. I made the mistake of buying the Dorkman Pacific from Disneyland and regretted it immediately.

Yeah, I'm hoping it works out the first time around, I really don't want to have to ship it back for alterations if I don't have to. I thought the Coyle jacket was pretty nice, what do you like most about it?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back