Just a way to say Hello! / TMNT Sculpt

War Poodle

Howdy all. I've only just joined and want to see how to add a post.
I've been using The RPF as a reference tool for the last year for tips on modelmaking and sculpture. Love it.

Also here's a Pic of my 2" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael sculpt i'm working on.
tmnt_raffael_goodbye_my_brothers_sculpt_by_rpg_creations-d78qqoj.jpg

RPG-Creations (War Poodle) on deviantART

Last edited:
I love it, and it's about time you joined. lol Welcome!
I've never seen anyone use a pose like this, especially for a ninja turtle. great stuff, can't wait to see more!:thumbsup

Absolutely fantastic work! and nice detail for such a small sculpey model, i thought it was wax at first... added to favorites ;)

I really like the original art work. Do you plan on doing any more?

I'd take a casting if you're making any

Last edited:
I've been using super sculpey. I'm still a bit of a beginer so I'm trying out some different materials. This clay felt a bit soft for any really fine detail but i'm happy with the results I got.
I use a basic set of wax sculpting tools and a few home made wooden tools.
I want to do the full set from the original works but i don't think i'll be doing any casts of my work until it gets to a decent standard.

Pick up some super sculpey firm, its much nicer to work with in detail. And you can always add regular sculpey to it until it feels right.

Dude that is definitely a decent standard.. I really like the raw rough finish, it goes with the theme... Make them all and I will buy them all:p

I wouldn't even know where to begin with making a mould for this piece. Like I say I may look into doing it once my work gets to a better standard and I can plan to do casts of a sculpture before i build it. If that makes sense.

tmnt1.jpgtmnt2.jpg
I've had some free time to do a little painting. I'm happy with the green but the bandages and the brown on his shell look very flat to me.
Any ideas on what i can do to make them a bit more interesting?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back