Just a shot in the dark

bladefans

Sr Member
I found this airsoft on a site and looks like it must be based on a movie prop because it is so strangely modified. I really have no idea if it is but it could be used for a fan film or something. Anyway I just wanted some info on this, and if it is in a movie that would be sweet. Thanks guys.

BTW the link is: Here

[attachmentid=6217]

Shoulder stocks on handguns usually connect behind the magazine, and not on the actual magazine itself. Directly connecting to the magazine would create too many problems, like jamming (and it would also slow down the reload process if you think about it). Any Glocks that have a shoulder piece connecting to the bottom of the handgrip will do so behind the mag on the frame.

It looks like an extended mag with a rubber slip over it to help with proper seating, and probably to double as a mag-pull type accessory.

The front piece is just an add on after-market extended barrel compensator (as an alternative to a Glock C model).

Someone else will be better able to tell you if the airsoft is based off of a setup from a film, but, by itself, it's not all that uncommon as a real steel model.

Cheers,

SGM

No shoulderstock. I have an Airsoft G26 with similar grips. The lefthand one is just a mag for a G19 or such with a sleeve on it so it blends with the grip better and allows a hold for your pinkie. The righthand is just an aftermarket style grip with a bit of an extension for the pinkie.

Has anyone seen Ghost in the Shell to confirm with a pic? I have heard that it is a really good anime so I will try to check it out.

edit: A second thought... Are there other modified airsoft guns that we pass over that are really signatures of anime or a lesser known live- action film? Does anyone have any examples of this? I realized it is a bit broad. Thanks again.

I found one more if anyone cares to help some more. I really appreciate this.
modified Beretta 92
AM-M38-111S-lg.jpg

The modified Beretta is the Biohazard pistol from Resident Evil. I know Tokyo Marui did a limited edition run, and at least one cheaper spring operated gun was made by another company.

Most of the anime guns out there are in the form of conversion kits for existing airsoft guns. Usually utilizing the FAMAS or P90 as a base for the plastic shroud.

Check out this page to see some examples of what you're looking for:

WGC Shop Special Items

Bladefans, I think the Glock shows up briefly in an episode of GitS SAC: 2nd Gig.

GlockG-33.jpg

As for other movies / anime, there are some things like the Aliens Pulserifle, guns from Zeiram, the 9-Weapon from the first Ghost in the Shell movie, the Seburo MN-23, Vash's guns from Trigun...

These guys make replicas of a lot of them:

http://www.poseidon.co.jp/

It's rare for them to sell to guys overseas, though.

Stuff's out there — just ask around.

-Mike

I'm a big fan of the poseiden guns. They do excellent work. I have one of thier Vash kits, but have not put it together yet.

I'd love to have more, and will find a way to get some soon I hope.

I picked up one of these cheapo knock offs just to display with my other prop guns and it looks great. I do have plans to get the gas powered version this year, along with a BUNCH of other gas powered guns. I'm hooked on them since getting THIS gun:

45d.jpg

for $80.

It's all metal, and a lot of fun to shoot. And it also looks like something out of a a cool sci-fi anime.

Njc---------------

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 26 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm a big fan of the poseiden guns. They do excellent work. I have one of thier Vash kits, but have not put it together yet.

I picked up one of these cheapo knock offs just to display with my other prop guns and it looks great. I do have plans to get the gas powered version this year, along with a BUNCH of other gas powered guns. I'm hooked on them since getting THIS gun:

45d.jpg

for $80.

It's all metal, and a lot of fun to shoot. And it also looks like something out of a a cool sci-fi anime.

Njc---------------
[snapback]1168637[/snapback]​

I agree on the Poseidon, and the MN23 is a sight to behold (though not a pistol :p ).

OK, Njc, link for the cool blowback please :)

Originally posted by bladefans@Jan 25 2006, 11:50 PM
I found this airsoft on a site and looks like it must be based on a movie prop because it is so strangely modified. I really have no idea if it is but it could be used for a fan film or something. Anyway I just wanted some info on this, and if it is in a movie that would be sweet. Thanks guys.

BTW the link is: Here

[attachmentid=6217]
[snapback]1168199[/snapback]​

The pistol seems to be based off the Glock 26, but has a larger frame, so could even be a different model. "Combat Delta" is stamped on the slide. This is a CMYA airpistol, a very cheap gun (around $9 bucks), but has to be one of my favorite airsoft sidearms. It is a heavy, sturdy gun, and as you can see from the photos, the front barrel extension can be removed. There is no shoulder stock extension, they are both magazines, and the larger one makes the gun look even meaner. I thought this particaular airsoft could be built upon to make a nice BSG "colonial" grenade launcher, and would look a whole lot better than those ugly automatics they are currently using.

*sratches head* Yeaaah. A shoulder-stock on a magazine does seem pretty stupid, now that I give it thought. :lol

Seeing the clip in the gun, it becomes easy to see.

Jay

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Jan 26 2006, 08:07 AM
Bladefans, I think the Glock shows up briefly in an episode of GitS SAC: 2nd Gig.
These guys make replicas of a lot of them:

http://www.poseidon.co.jp/

It's rare for them to sell to guys overseas, though.

Stuff's out there — just ask around.

-Mike
[snapback]1168595[/snapback]​

I'm not sure if I should thank you or curse you for that link :p

I have heard of Poseidon before now, and while it's great to see their products, it's tough seeing that note at the bottom of every product page they don't export :cry

I've gotten products out of Japan before, and I imagin I can find a way to get my hands on a few of these as well.

Yeah....

Actually there was run of the Seburo C-X they made on the board a while back; even had some active project threads.

-Mike

Originally posted by gts072@Jan 26 2006, 07:26 PM
The cyborg, Batou uses that gun in GITS.
[snapback]1168895[/snapback]​

After digging around a little, I found that Tokyo Marui did a "Glock Advanced" model in '03 and has since discontinued making glocks. I did find a photo of an actual Glock that looks identical as well.

All in all a good airsoft to do some of your own modifications too.

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 26 2006, 09:36 AM

45d.jpg

for $80.

Njc---------------
[snapback]1168637[/snapback]​

What Gun is that pictured? I mean to say any info or a link? I am far from an airsoft aficionado.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back