just a question about Predator vision

strugglingrunt

i've often wondered how the predator species are able to create such detailed and advanced machines and equipment with such terrible eyesight ! i mean in the original predator when he took off his bio his vision was just a red blurry mess! i know no ones really gonna have an answer and if thry do great but.......what the hell just thought i'd get people's opinions on it,

actually this is a pretty daft thread but what the hell

I suppose John it's like the evolution of man in 1 way. If you look back at the first car compared to todays and also ships or boats. I'm presuming they begun with the basic ships and other technology and over time it developed to what we've seen on screen. Maybe all their stuff has a infared look to it that's invisible to our naked eye but allows them to see it perfectly

Look at it this way...our atmosphere may cause their vision to look that way. Back home they may see as clear as we do. Or...The heat signiture vision is just the way they see all together and they can process images and surroundings just like we do.

I read that back and it kind of made sense I guess.

My name is Scott...and I like apples.

What if...
They didn't invent the tech, they just use it.
Conquerors take the tech, learn it, modify it, use it, then they conquer some more.

Some aliens stop by the home world to say hello. Next thing you know you've got Cave Yautja beating them up for there ride. Presto, space age.

Look at it this way...our atmosphere may cause their vision to look that way. Back home they may see as clear as we do. Or...The heat signiture vision is just the way they see all together and they can process images and surroundings just like we do.

I wonder if they have LASER eye surgery....

We as humans have three cones in our eyes to see Red, Green, and Blue. Nocternal animals have four cones in their eyes it is called Quadrochromatic Vision. When you shine a light on their eyes with a flashlight they glow like beacons in the dark it helps them hunt @ night. Maybe the cone/cones in their eyes can only see in spectrum of infared.

We as humans have three cones in our eyes to see Red, Green, and Blue. Nocternal animals have four cones in their eyes it is called Quadrochromatic Vision. When you shine a light on their eyes with a flashlight they glow like beacons in the dark it helps them hunt @ night. Maybe the cone/cones in their eyes can only see in spectrum of infared.
ooh, very scientific!

yeah, i did consider that but just wondered what other peoples opinions were,but i do like the atmosphere explanation :unsure:

oh and hello scott i'm glad you like apples ha! i have to say i'm partial to an apple or possibly a lovely juicy pair! oi oi honk honk!

Take your rods and cones idea, Guan-Thwei, and Bovine13's idea of the atmosphere content then add the possibility that their sun has more infrared in its spectrum than ours does.. those three things might make it possible for them to see OK on the homeworld, but differently here.

---
Ei'luj

....plus they have good engineers

I would definitely have to say that the enviroment is part of the equation because just like here on earth our physical make-up reacts differently to other forms of enviroment heat, cold, light, and air. It would not suprise me that their anatomy would change once they would arrive here to hunt.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back