Jurassic World ACU Asset Containment Unit Uniform

If you do take the screen off make sure you heat the face up nice and evenly. Its got some strong adhesive behind it and will crack if you so much as sweat while trying to pry it up unheated. Plus there is a bezel sticker behind that screen that scratches even easier. Took me 3 watches.
Absolutely! Don't underestimate that advise when taking apart a display dummy Samsung Galaxy. Once you get it popped open and push on the black screws from behind to start removing the clear screen on the front... DO NOT use any tools (especially any with sharp or semi-sharp edges such as the same small screwdriver you might have used to pop the watch body open) to pry the clear screen off. Use ONLY the soft parts of your fingers and be VERY careful at that too!

IMG_6551.JPG

Plus, as was mentioned, the metallic material coloring/sticker under the clear plastic scratches off VERY easily and the screen is also very easily cracked & scratched. I was exceptionally gentle and my screen still got messed up significantly.

IMG_6553.JPG

Last edited:
Wanted to share how replacing the graphic in my dummy Samsung Galaxy turned out. I recreated my own printable image based on the screenshots shared here of the final film graphics. As was stated, they clearly used roto-tracking software to place the graphics over the static watches for the film and so the shape of the screen doesn't match the clear plastic of the watch face the way it did in the early trailer shots. I settled on just doing a hybrid for my watch (final film graphics & trailer scale watch face) since I don't at this time have the means to create a full-sized clear cover to place over the Samsung's face.

acuw_graphic_sm.jpg

I also had to transplant the clear cover from another dummy watch since the one that came on my Mocha Gray version was already scratched up. It's a pain to crack them open, but not an impossible task. I printed out my screen graphic slightly lightened as I found that made it appear much more like an image that was back-lit. After cutting it out, I used just a small bit of contact cement to secure it to the watch face. I did not remove the sticker (the one with the 12:45 image) that was already there! I found that removing it reveals some seriously intensely sticky glue that even Goof-Off has a hard time removing completely. The flat surface of the label that's already there is plenty good for providing a flat, clean surface to glue your new graphic down onto. After that it's easy to replace your clear screen back onto the tacky material that holds it to the watch face.

acuw01.JPG acuw02.JPG acuw03.JPG acuw04.JPG

Last edited:
One other thing I did find is that when you're cracking the watch open, what you're really pulling against are the four internal screws that are under the clear face cover (circled in yellow). There's no way to access them & properly unscrew them when the watch is sealed, so the crack-open method is all you can do. However that does strip the plastic inside and I found I had to clean out some of the resulting plastic shrapnel in order to get the face to sit flat against the watch body again. I'd also recommend gluing the halves back together as I found those screws and other positioning pins don't really hold the two halves back together as securely as they did prior to being forced open.

acuw05.JPG acuw06.JPG acuw07.JPG

And that's it! Obviously, it's not a real back-lit graphic but it does the trick of looking like a proper display in the light.

acuw08.JPG acuw09.JPG acuw10.JPG acuw11.JPG

If you want to download and use the graphic I made, feel free to download the 300 dpi version at this link: http://kornersphere.com/rpf/acuSG/acuw_graphic.jpg
I won't vouch for it's 100% accuracy but it's as close I feel I could get it based on the blurry screencaps I created it over. It should already be sized correctly and ready for printing but just in case, you should make sure it's 32x32 mm when printed on paper.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just decided to join the forum as I am working on the ACU costume for DragonCon. I'm trying to figure out if the female ACU person I saw was wearing the same pants as the men, possibly tailored, or if it's different pants entirely. Any ladies who have done this costume yet and if so can you give me some guidance? Thanks!
:)

Hi everyone! Just decided to join the forum as I am working on the ACU costume for DragonCon. I'm trying to figure out if the female ACU person I saw was wearing the same pants as the men, possibly tailored, or if it's different pants entirely. Any ladies who have done this costume yet and if so can you give me some guidance? Thanks!
:)

5.11 doesn't make a styke pant in charcoal color in womens sizes, they do have these colors though (storm looks good) http://www.511tactical.com/wm-stryke-pant.html?color=78
So the female ACU probably wore men size pants in charcoal.
The best option would be to wear 5.11 taclite pro pants in womens sizing because they do come in charcoal color. http://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pant-womens.html
The only difference is the pockets and a few features on the pant themselves.

Here is my attempt at dyeing the Typhon shirt! Turned out really well! So happy! Once the Jacket and Hat dry out tomorrow I will update the pics! Wasnt too hard either! Next to it is the undyed Typhon for comparison! I would highly recommend doing it! Used 1 bottle of Evening Blue and 1/2 bottle of Royal.

UPDATED: Here is my full post dyed kit vs my pre dyed typhon. It came out splendid! Pretty close to screen accurate as well!

IMG_6805.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6778.JPG
    IMG_6778.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 523
  • IMG_6777.JPG
    IMG_6777.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 477
  • ingensecurity_ls.jpg
    ingensecurity_ls.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11,534
Last edited:
Has anyone purchased a shirt like this off of Ebay yet? I can't decide what size to purchase, because the size dimensions aren't consistent with each listing, yet they're the same shirt. Plus, they're listed as "Asian sizes" in some descriptions, and they recommend going a size up from your US size.

$_57.JPG

Ok so who is going to DragonCon? I have most of my pieces on order if they aren't here...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so who is going to DragonCon? I have most of my pieces on order if they aren't here...I can't post my pic because I am lost in the buttons...

Ok so who is going to DragonCon? I have most of my pieces on order if they aren't here...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so who is going to DragonCon? I have most of my pieces on order if they aren't here...I can't post my pic because I am lost in the buttons...

I'm really bummed I can't go this year. I would have had my ACU stuff ready by then, too. Have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

I am!
I was just about to post the same question here. The rest of my friends and husband didn't want to cosplay so I'm a sad and lonely ACU member. Was hoping for more people to join up with since a group of us will be more fun.
I JUST finished my costume by gluing velcro to my patches. The honey badger guy on Etsy who does the rubber patches was sold out so I had to go with embroidered ones. They look ok, get the job done.
First time cosplaying ever so I'm so excited :D

Have any of you guys and gals found a good tutorial or know the trick to adjusting the size of the plate carrier via the side adjustment straps? I know it involves the quick release cables but I have yet to find a good way to feed them through the webbing on the vest.

Here a better pic of my reg typhon vs my buddies dyed typhon. He is currently working on his mandrake it was still to light.

The dyed Typhon looks pretty nice! Is there a dye technique someplace to get it to that color/darkness?
I might have missed it in the thread if it's here.

Any help appreciated!

The dyed Typhon looks pretty nice! Is there a dye technique someplace to get it to that color/darkness?
I might have missed it in the thread if it's here.

Any help appreciated!

We used rit dye evening blue in a standard home depot bucket I just followed the directions on the bottle also 1/2 cup salt and vinegar.

Have any of you guys and gals found a good tutorial or know the trick to adjusting the size of the plate carrier via the side adjustment straps? I know it involves the quick release cables but I have yet to find a good way to feed them through the webbing on the vest.

Little late but here you go 15:00 min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8H7KURMO20

Thanks, Fox! I actually found that video a while ago but having it here in the thread will definitely help others who might have had a similar issue that I was.

You mean these room from the parksec. cam feed? *at the back hanging with the vests*
They're pretty easy, Base Jump Helmets, the color of the helmets is something im not able to tell. It looks OD? but its not? something lie OD, but i expected these to be more to grey at least to match the vest and boots.

ACU_team_prepping.jpg

You mean these room from the parksec. cam feed? *at the back hanging with the vests*
They're pretty easy, Base Jump Helmets, the color of the helmets is something im not able to tell. It looks OD? but its not? something lie OD, but i expected these to be more to grey at least to match the vest and boots.

View attachment 549226

They could also be some sort of tactical helmet, like Ops Core. Regardless, seeing as how the entire costume was made from off the shelf components it would stand to reason that the helmets are too and if they are a tactical helmet then there are plenty of to choose from, including airsoft knockoffs if you're on a budget.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back