Jurassic Word: Forged Grady Knife

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve been blacksmithing for about two years but now I’m getting more serious about it. I built a forge and a foundry so I can do it from home.

I’m blending my two loves, Movie Props and Blacksmithing. I decided start with forging a Jurassic World Grady knife because I wouldn’t mind actually carrying it. I’ll be making two because the forge doesn’t care how many knives are in it and I might be able to sell the second one to recoup some costs.

reference material

398A7543-5858-4307-B21E-63E97F433A7C.jpeg

Kidding, I found the original maker of the knife and the original maker of the sheath

F6EBCC67-2BAE-4995-9862-6513DEEB0C38.jpeg

FAB864FE-21C2-4DE6-9E36-602A74F4888D.jpeg

So I’m a fan of carbon steel over stainless, so I’ll be using some 1095. Time to feed The Ghost Forge!

3B1BF24B-E23E-4FD3-B79D-06FCDEB2E5CF.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had a pretty decent day forging as the weather was nice. I hammered to shape two blades. They have been quenched and tempered. The next thing to do is off to the belt grinder

C04136DE-BF41-4CAE-8947-641E09D45722.jpeg

BDE82AF4-9344-47A2-BE7C-F3FBEC8A2242.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.