Jurassic Park Vinyl models on E-bay???

crowe t

Has anyone purchased any of the vinyl 'Jurassic Park' models that are sold on E-Bay that all seem to come from Thailand?

These look to be re-casts of the Horizon Jurassic Park Dinosaur models but I'm not sure.

Are these actually re-casts of the Horizon kits?

Are they any good?

These ARE recasts of the original horizon models.
The fine details are soft and/or completely gone on these models.
The recast are smaller in size than the originals and the chance excists that the individual parts differ in size aswell.
You could end up with a model that looks porportionally incorrect.
I would say DO NOT BUY RECASTS!! and for asian recasts i would say aswell DON't SUPPORT SWEATSHOPS OR CHILD LABOUR!!!

I have got a T-rex and a Brachiosaurus from Thailand. The models are off scale and smaller than their original counterparts but their parts don't seem to have any problems and the seller I got them from is taking good care to his customers. There is a 1/5 (accurate) recast of a raptor, but I have no experience with it. I think I will get it sometime and mod it as a JP3 male.

I think that if you can't find the originals due to their rarety, recasts are an easy and cheap way to have an alternative. I wanted the originals too , and eventualy got them all, but that was a thousand-dollar "investment" due to their high prices.

Thank you for your consideration sir, but I think you misunderstood what I've said. At any means I didn't say that's ok to buy any recasts. I take very seriously the work and efforts of an artist to patronize the recasters. But those models are off production since 1993, a Thai recaster doesn't harm anyone's work by claiming it's his and the rarity of the original models makes them very difficult to acquire. An off scale Thai re cast doesn't hurt neither Winston's work neither the authenticity of the real models.

I have got a T-rex and a Brachiosaurus from Thailand. The models are off scale and smaller than their original counterparts but their parts don't seem to have any problems and the seller I got them from is taking good care to his customers. There is a 1/5 (accurate) recast of a raptor, but I have no experience with it. I think I will get it sometime and mod it as a JP3 male.

I think that if you can't find the originals due to their rarety, recasts are an easy and cheap way to have an alternative. I wanted the originals too , and eventualy got them all, but that was a thousand-dollar "investment" due to their high prices.

I bet the seller you dealt with "who takes good care to his customers" doesn't take good care of his "employers"
Anyhow,...I think it is wrong to use/copy someone's work/art and make a living out of it.
I do understand that some things are very hard to find let alone for a 'reasonable' price,but in the world i live in, sometimes you have to live without the things you want and move on or be willing to hunt it down for months,...even years and pay top dollar for these special/scarse items.
Talking about hunting down stuff,...anybody out there who has a cinemaquette endoskeleton for secondhand prize for sale? :lol
Thought so!!
mmmmmhhm maybe a resin recast would be good enough,...Anyone?:facepalm

OOP or not it's still stealing.

Horizon models are easy enough to find if you now where to look.
In the last few weeks I've seen several original JP kit's up for sale along with lot's of the super hero kits.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back