Jurassic Park props.

about the NVG...

I have attached some pics. I think if I got a real thick block of foam I could get a general shape for it all and then start from there. Any other ideas for how to make them?

--Ash

Don't know if this counts, but I've had this guy forever.

raptor9qn.jpg

Made by Cinemacast in Japan, all resin and very cool.

Todd

P.S. Just noticed allosaur176 has the same statue.

Also looking for a hard hat.
mike

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Jan 3 2006, 03:01 AM
I'd like to see someone try the stun guns the guards have in the opening scene.

-Mike
[snapback]1149188[/snapback]​

I recently got this el-cheapo hard hat at a large hardware chain - it's the only model they had. Is it screen-accurate? Could somebody please post a grab from the film? I'd also like to know the Pantone orange number and the the JP logo if anyone has it... If we can't find the guy who did a run of these, by God, let's do it ourselves. :p

IMG_1957s.JPG

The raptor claw, by the way, was recently scored on eBay (I was the only bidder). It's not screen-accurate, but for $19.99, it's a damn good facsimile. The casting is superb and the detailing first rate. Seller is from Honk Kong, and he also offers lots of Predator recasts. Don't know the guy's story, but he delivers and is affordable. His eBay ID is dsontoy and he's got a couple of claws up right now, actually. :)

- Gabe

Thanks, Mike. :)

Well, mine's obviously the wrong type... Any chance these were shown in profile? If so, Mike, please help out one more time. :D

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 3 2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks, Mike. :)

Well, mine's obviously the wrong type... Any chance these were shown in profile?  If so, Mike, please help out one more time.  :D

- Gabe
[snapback]1149843[/snapback]​

Yes, they show the profile shots when they are trying to stun the raptor, they seem to be totally smooth though

Interesting thread, more so since I've got a few of the mentioned props and will probably be listing them on Ebay soon. Including the helmet.

Originally posted by Imahomer@Jan 3 2006, 06:12 PM
Interesting thread, more so since I've got a few of the mentioned props and will probably be listing them on Ebay soon.  Including the helmet.
[snapback]1149995[/snapback]​
Imahomer: was it you who first came up with your hard hat replica? I'd be grateful for pics or a tutorial, if you don't mind, unless you would consider offering a few copies? :)

- Gabe

[/quote]
Imahomer: was it you who first came up with your hard hat replica? I'd be grateful for pics or a tutorial, if you don't mind, unless you would consider offering a few copies? :)

- Gabe
[snapback]1150091[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No, it wasn't me. I got my helmet of the RPF from whoever it was that first came up with them a while back. I'm just thinning out my stuff and will be listing my J.P. items on Ebay soon.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back