Jurassic Park JP Jeep 00 build

Mackaiver

hi, so i'm a 15 yr old
from Portland.
and i'm making a Jurassic Park jeep replica.
my jeep number will be JP00
i have already collected the rims and a version of the amber fog light but not correct ones, but very close
143_0755.JPG
143_0749.JPG
143_0748.JPG
143_0752.JPG
143_0751.JPG

i would really like any and all advice you guys have for someone trying to piece one together.
thanks
Mackaiver

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a great movie vehicle to replicate for a few reasons, not the least of which is that it's comparatively cheap! A few of us here have JP Jeeps (mine is JP18), but I think the best thing to do is ask specific questions that we can help with.

My first suggestion would be to join www.jpmotorpool.com

There is an absolute wealth of information there already posted that you could browse through. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your build. (y)

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
well, i need help finding finding the Sahara parts, like the fog lights,the seats, center console, and the half doors.

Do you have a base Jeep that you're converting already? Sadly, a lot of these rusted out long ago, so what I ended up having to do was buy a Jeep that was in good physical shape as well as a Sahara that was rotting away that I could pull parts from. I got my entire interior from the donor vehicle and then put all the parts I swapped out from my good Jeep into the donor and sold it.

The half doors I found on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist). My Jeep still doesn't have the fog lights.

My recommendation would be to start with the big stuff, you can add the smaller detail stuff later as you go. Some of it is difficult to find and in the end if you're missing fog lights it doesn't really affect the overall look.

If you haven't got a Jeep yet you'll save yourself a lot of headache by just finding a good condition Sahara and paying the bit extra for it. Looking back I wish I had done that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.