Jurassic Park Grant's Raptor Claw

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know there are alot of Raptor claw replicas out there, but ive never seen anyone offering or having Grant's 6 inch claw, and since i was in 3-4th grade thats the one ive always wanted, so I've started sculpting one, hoping to finish soon. Ive got this reference of a PIH auction and another original that was on ebay years ago and a few screencaps. Just thought Id share in case theres anyone else out there like me :p Hopefully all of the small cracks and details will come out on camera once its painted and weathered.

http://www.raynecreations.com/images/e1_1.bmp

http://www.raynecreations.com/images/PIHauction.bmp

raptorclaw2.jpg

raptorclaw3.jpg

raptorclaw4.jpg

Yeah, I've always wanted to get a nice replica similar to the one used in the show. I already have a casting of the Icons version but I'd rather have something that's more true to the show.

Bro, you know the Icons claw was pulled from one of the animatronic raptors, right?.

I know it's a different claw than what we're talking about but it is from the film just the same.

Originally posted by Rylo@Mar 7 2006, 08:52 PM
Bro, you know the Icons claw was pulled from one of the animatronic raptors, right?.

I know it's a different claw than what we're talking about but it is from the film just the same.
[snapback]1201170[/snapback]​

:$

Didn't say I didn't like it... :angel What I meant was, true to the one that Grant shows.

As was I, lol. Ok Ive got it painted up and did some more details in the cracking and scratching grooves detail and weathered it up, Ill get some pics and post em later this afternoon :)

Originally posted by allosaur176+Mar 8 2006, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Mar 8 2006, 01:26 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The Mantis
@Mar 8 2006, 07:49 AM
Liking it a LOT....I am shocked someone hasn't done these before.
[snapback]1201315[/snapback]​

Actually, PHArchivist has done one
[snapback]1201346[/snapback]​
[/b]

This is true...

After having lost the auction (and holding the original in my hands), I figured I'd just make my own.

I finished it over a year ago, and wanted to pop out quick and cheap ($10 or so) copies, but I totally suck at creating molds, and never saw the project through to the molding/casting point.

I like the sound of the cracking and scratching grooves detail in Kylash's. I'm not a master sculptor, and finished mine with a smooth surface. I just figured I'd get the right look via a detailed paint job.

Id like to see yours if youve got any pics :) But yeah, i noticed that first shot in the movie of the diggers excavation scene is this prop and it has lots of little detail, as it should being a fossil. Hopefully theyll come out good in molding.

sweet thanks. I may alter the finished item after seeing those a little, its already painted and mostly done but there are a few more details seen in those shots. Thanks.

Ok got some pics....i hate my camera, half the detail doesnt come out in this, i can never focus up close with this thing. Here's the best i cna do until i get it out in the sunlight.

raptorclaw3.jpg

raptorclaw4.jpg

raptorclaw5.jpg

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 8 2006, 09:48 PM
Ok got some pics....i hate my camera, half the detail doesnt come out in this, i can never focus up close with this thing. Here's the best i cna do until i get it out in the sunlight.

raptorclaw3.jpg

raptorclaw4.jpg

raptorclaw5.jpg

[snapback]1201881[/snapback]​

Now thats what I'm talking about... great work :thumbsup

Also wanted to say that I got the Wheems kit, and its great... Can't wait to build it up... Thanks Again

Rob

Per request, here's mine... Interesting to see slightly (but notably) different interpretations of the claw.

Very nice work on yours.

here we go...took it outside and got some nice pics finally :D It still doesnt really show the paint weathering ive done, but you can at least see the surface detail.

raptorclaw13.jpg

raptorclaw10.jpg

raptorclaw11.jpg

raptorclaw12.jpg

raptorclaw9.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back