Jurassic Park Cryocan

Jesfa

Glancing around the internet, I've seen a lot of various cryocans. After watching the movie several times, to see what it looks like for the screen-used one, I find myself confused.

Dodgson specifically offers Nedry 1.5 million. 750k up front, then 50k for each of the 15 embryos he gets off the island intact. This is rather confusing as I also read Jurassic Park, the novel not too long ago, and I thought it was another number entirely. Finally, I look at the cryocan models online, as well as the cryocan from the movie...and it only HOLDS 10 :confused.

Color me confused... Anyone know the story behind the can not actually holding the number it was supposed to?

Slightly un-related, anyone know if they subbed out cryocans between twist off, and spraying some of the cream, or did they actually make a can capable of spraying?

Last edited:
Color me confused... Anyone know the story behind the can not actually holding the number it was supposed to?

It's a movie, not the book...

Like 99% of all movies the screen play is only roughly based off the book, not a 1:1 adaptation...

Seriously? You're this disturbed by how many freaking files a can holds? Its a movie.....not real science. A minor detail that holds no real importance. I'd have to watch the movie again, as its been many years since I've seen the first movie but it seemed like it would hold more than 10. Though think about it...if it was real, 10 viable embryos of "living" dinosaurs would be more than enough to make any company filthy rich. I'd have no problem believing they'd pay him 1.5million for 10 embryos, if he had actually survived.

Yeah, which would explain the difference between the book and the movie numbers. Not the Movie and the Movie :p

It's still a movie, there are inconsistencies in move screen plays all the time, they are hard hard fast on continuity, books generally are written a lot better...

I always heard Dobson whenever I watched the movie as a kid, haven't quite kicked it from my mind yet :p

And Sketch, with the new game coming out soon, the cryocan is supposed to play a huge part in it, should be important what if anything is inside it ^_^

It would be like watching your favorite war movie, and the actor fired way more bullets than the gun could hold, without ever reloading! ...wait.... :)

There were different cans The one with the rack were incapable of dipensing the shaving cream

Slightly un-related, anyone know if they subbed out cryocans between twist off, and spraying some of the cream, or did they actually make a can capable of spraying?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back