Jurassic Park cryocan help

With Jurassic World opening, I have a renewed interest in making the Barbasol Cryocan from Jurassic Park, I've already cut the bottom of the shaving cream can, and found the original pattern for the outside of the can and ordered screen accurate vials off of Amazon. I am attempting to make the inside mechanism "old school" with plastic sheeting and wood, My question is, Does anybody here have basic dimensions, measurments of the internal holder? any help would be greatly appriciated, Thank you so much in advance

Jay

Cyrocan_Prop_Replica_by_LionFX.jpg

How did you cut the bottom of the can?

I ask that for two reasons, the first being if you used one of the edge cut can openers, then the bottom of the can probably still has a lip with a smaller diameter than the body of the can. This would prevent it from fitting tight with the mechanism inside (since the mechanism would need to be smaller). The second reason is I'm trying to decide how to cut a can myself. My cryocan has a dent in it and I've got several of the older style cans which need to be cut so that I can replace the dented shell.

I used my Dremel, not the best option , it took me three cans to get it right, even then I had a fair amount of sanding but it turned out pretty decent looking. I will be printing a new "old" label so any gaffs will be covered. I really won't know if everything will turn out until I can get the measurments for the "guts" of the thing built, It won't be 100% screen accurate but sitting side by side in a case I think it will be pretty cool.

How did you cut the bottom of the can?

I ask that for two reasons, the first being if you used one of the edge cut can openers, then the bottom of the can probably still has a lip with a smaller diameter than the body of the can. This would prevent it from fitting tight with the mechanism inside (since the mechanism would need to be smaller). The second reason is I'm trying to decide how to cut a can myself. My cryocan has a dent in it and I've got several of the older style cans which need to be cut so that I can replace the dented shell.
I wonder if you were to contact Rylo, perhaps he could have you send it to him and he can fix it or make you a new shell @ cost of course

Still trying to figure out the cryocan thing? I just finished mine. All machined from aluminum. I work at an aerosol plant and may be of help.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back