Jurassic Park Can Shape

Ink jet printers might be more susceptible to fade because they use liquid ink. If you use a gloss label with a LASER printer, you might get longer lasting results because it's not a liquid ink.

That's my plan; I ordered some glossy printer vinyl and am going to print the label out using the laser printer at the office.

:thumbsup

This thread sucks! :lol
Because of this thread, now everyone knows to hunt these down. I have spent the last few hours searching online and on eBay and it looks like they all suddenly got marked “sold” today. They all got snapped up. :(

I think I'm done buying any more, but I'm still in the habit of checking regularly. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Re: Jurassic Park can rip offs

For what it's worth, there's store brand whipped cream cans that also have the correct shape. Sure they're too tall and the nozzle is wrong, but they have to be cut down and have the nozzle swapped anyway.

View attachment 814549
That's even better, since you mess up the bottom anyway when cutting open the tin. So with this can, you have some spare space to finish the bottom nicely... But I do see some red text on the white top, no?

Also, if someone has a lead for correct cans in Europe, that would be very welcome. It's risky to try getting a pressurized can on an airplane. Packages like that tend to get confiscated by customs...

Glad to see people finally catching on to the correct can shape thing!
Another can you guys should check on is automotive starting fluid. I believe it's the same diameter, and like the whipped cream, it has a little extra material at the bottom so you can make your cuts perfect.
CRC is one brand but there are others, just check your local auto parts store, or else I'd start by checking your local re-use / recycle centers to see if there are any half empty ones.
ek3eaW.jpg

Obviously these are going to be much more of a pain / smelly / dangerous to empty than whipped cream, so use proper judgement and abide by all local rules (and common sense) regarding chemicals etc. Also, this fluid is flammable so don't go at them with the high speed dremel right off the bat. Start with the manual can opener after emptying the contents and releasing all inside pressure.

So I received my London can and I must say what a simple mod. Best is to empty out the shaving cream in the shower first off. Second get yourself a really good can opener. My cut came out very smooth with a nice new can opener for 8 bucks. I then lightly filed the edges nothing crazy just some smoothing out. I'm waiting on my vinyl paper to print Paul's barbasol label and I'm all finished. Heres what it looks like so far.20180503_094009.jpg20180503_094022.jpg20180503_094046.jpg20180503_094102.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Also, if someone has a lead for correct cans in Europe, that would be very welcome. It's risky to try getting a pressurized can on an airplane. Packages like that tend to get confiscated by customs...

+1 for that. Correct shaped cans seem to be in the US alone :confused
On the plus side, I can get a Barbasol can in Germany
( so I can re-use the blue cap/top to put on the correct shaped can )

why has eamoroso25 been banned? What did he do wrong?

Confrontational as all hell. He insulted other members, threatened to make a duel if he were banned, and then once he was banned, did make a duel.

All the posts about it have been scrubbed (which is not a policy I'm a fan of since it makes it hard to follow what went wrong in situations like this. But I don't make the rules).

So I received my London can and I must say what a simple mod. Best is to empty out the shaving cream in the shower first off. Second get yourself a really good can opener. My cut came out very smooth with a nice new can opener for 8 bucks. I then lightly filed the edges nothing crazy just some smoothing out. I'm waiting on my vinyl paper to print Paul's barbasol label and I'm all finished. Heres what it looks like so far.View attachment 814611View attachment 814612View attachment 814613View attachment 814614

That is nice. I should have grabbed one of those. Did you get one with a cap or the capless one? Also, how is the steel strip down the side, any rust?

For what it's worth, there's store brand whipped cream cans that also have the correct shape. Sure they're too tall and the nozzle is wrong, but they have to be cut down and have the nozzle swapped anyway.

View attachment 814549

I picked one of these up today at my local Safeway. Other than the red printing on the cap there is a number of crimp marks along the lip. Not sure if that's common for all or just for Lucerne, but for $2 and some putty and paint this is a great substitute can. Thanks for the suggestion!

Attachments

• 20180503_172833.jpg
    20180503_172833.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 273
Confrontational as all hell. He insulted other members, threatened to make a duel if he were banned, and then once he was banned, did make a duel.

All the posts about it have been scrubbed (which is not a policy I'm a fan of since it makes it hard to follow what went wrong in situations like this. But I don't make the rules).

OK, just wondering

I picked one of these up today at my local Safeway. Other than the red printing on the cap there is a number of crimp marks along the lip. Not sure if that's common for all or just for Lucerne, but for $2 and some putty and paint this is a great substitute can. Thanks for the suggestion!

And that red text will probably come right off with some acetone.

Lol thanks :) I just got my vinyl sticker paper so I might be wrapping this up tonight

Share progress photos of the finished product. When my can gets here and attempt the wrap, I am so freaked that I will go crooked and have to tear it apart and order a new decal.

Share progress photos of the finished product. When my can gets here and attempt the wrap, I am so freaked that I will go crooked and have to tear it apart and order a new decal.
I will for sure just wrapping up watching Jersey Shore :) yup I love train wreck tv shows HA

So, if you already had the insides with the vials, will they fit perfectly into a whip cream can if you cut it down?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back