Jurassic Park: Anyone ID the Muldoon Watch?

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With the help of PredPaul, We've narrowed down the general type of watch used by Muldoon in Jurassic Park.

In the mid 80's they had a range of watches called the Miyota 4800-01A 1 jewel movement.
Googling that alone got me 12 different watches with the same face. It seems that the names were customised by the companies that issued them.
In the Naked Gun Bob Peck (who played Muldoon) wore a similar one by Michelle.

jurassic-park-muldoon-watches2.png jurassic-park-muldoon-watch1.png

The watch in the film uses a G-Shock style dive wrist band in a wave pattern near the watch. A small compass that slides over the
the watch band is present as well.

The film watch has a distinctive sawtooth rotating bezel as well.

The Haverhills Navigator is close, as are most of the watches made by Waltham.

jurassic-park-watch-haverhills-navigator.jpg

But there are differences. All the pictured Miyota watches have small square boxes on the analog watch face
at each time. The screen used watch has square boxes, intermixed with rectangular ones. The Muldoon watch
also has a 360 degree marked bezel, where most of the Miyota bezels go up to "60." The muldoon also has a
distinctive "N"orth letter mark, where most of the others have an arrow mark.

Sooooo...

Anyone have any additional ID on the film watch? Any other input?

Here is a slightly higher-res version of that last photo where you can make out a couple more important details. Namely that the small compass has the same "sawtooth" edge as the watch face, possibly an indication that the compass came with some version of this watch?

jp_w1.PNG

I bought a stand alone compass and it had the sawtooth design. I think it's a standard feature.

IIRC, Miyota is also CItizen; if you'd like to expand your searches.

Attached are a couple of my poor caps; maybe they're helpful in some way?

-MJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 8.25.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 8.25.22 PM.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 8.26.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 8.26.29 PM.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
The Muldoon watch is an Aquatech 50m, with a compass on the band. I supposedly own the actual watch Bob Peck wore for the film. My uncle worked for a company that built sets/ worked on the movie. The watch found its way to me years ago.

The Muldoon watch is an Aquatech 50m, with a compass on the band. I supposedly own the actual watch Bob Peck wore for the film. My uncle worked for a company that built sets/ worked on the movie. The watch found its way to me years ago.
Can you upload pictures of it back and front? Any more information to help identify the model?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back