Jupiter 2 Restoration

If you tried downloading the video last week and discovered it was unavailable due to exceeding my bandwidth allocation , check again as a new month equals a new 10GB of bandwidth. :thumbsup

I'll continue to make the video available up to a 6GB limit and then I will make it unavailable again until the next month. :unsure

Jup2.com see's roughly 5GB of traffic per month and I don't want the site shutting down too early in the month. :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Thanks Mike. :D

BTW just a suggestion... if you go to that page, a 3.5 mb video loads AUTOMATICALLY. I think your bandwidth would last longer if you made the PREVIEW video available behind a clickable link instead, since each visitor is blowing a 3.5mb chunk of your precious bandwith each time he visits your page.

Just a thought. :)

- Karl

Thanks Karl ~ and that is a good idea. :thumbsup

I actually considered that too , figure I'll see what kind of demand there is and how quickly it eats up bandwidth , checking it day by day. I think after the initial offering , there wont be so many downloads happening.

If it does start adding up quickly though - I'll do that.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by Jupiter-2@Jan 4 2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks Karl ~ and that is a good idea.  :thumbsup

I actually considered that too , figure I'll see what kind of demand there is and how quickly it eats up bandwidth , checking it day by day. I think after the initial offering , there wont be so many downloads happening.

[snapback]1150505[/snapback]​
Another thing: it seems there is nothing on 18 seconds or so, when the video starts. Is this the way it actually is, or is there something wrong with my copy?

Originally posted by toyroy+Jan 4 2006, 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toyroy @ Jan 4 2006, 01:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jupiter-2
@Jan 4 2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks Karl ~ and that is a good idea.  :thumbsup

[snapback]1150505[/snapback]​
Another thing: it seems there is nothing on 18 seconds or so, when the video starts. Is this the way it actually is, or is there something wrong with my copy?
[snapback]1150548[/snapback]​
[/b]

think it's the cpoy. you can hear sound first. the sound & video aren't in sync either.

Originally posted by toyroy@Jan 4 2006, 01:14 PM

Nope . Nothing wrong with your video.

I rewinded the ol' VCR to the start of the tape (not start of the video footage) and took it straight off the VHS tape as it was recorded about 16 years ago.

Only editing I did was add the watermarking.

Audio out of sync Y? How can ya tell? Do ya see his lips moving? :lol

Only time I notice anything out of sync is if I try to view it streaming. Once on disk though it plays smoothly for me.

But then again , I am not so fine-toothed-comb-picky as you guys. ;)

lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back