Jumanji Board Replica Prop

DaBuild

Sr Member
Hello Guys,

I'm fairly new in the RPF community.

I just wanted to shared my latest build with you guys.

It took me something like 120 hours of work over 3 months.

Check out the full making of on Youtube here:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 264
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 298
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 279
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 360
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 245
Very Nice!
If I can ask
I'm trying to make my own with Aspire and a friend that have CNC pantograph. Can I ask what program (or the file, it would be AWESOME) of the ring at center of the paths?
what material have you used?

That looks very nice! I saw a few attempts by other members, but except Markpoons board, all looked a bit :rolleyes:. But yours actually looks good! You might consider contacting RestauraJones to give your board a custom paint job. I saw a Markpoon board that was repainted by him, and that looked much, much better...

You can still find some pictures of his work in this thread: Jumanji Board Review (Markpoon's board V2 repainted by Restaurajones)

That looks very nice! I saw a few attempts by other members, but except Markpoons board, all looked a bit :rolleyes:. But yours actually looks good! You might consider contacting RestauraJones to give your board a custom paint job. I saw a Markpoon board that was repainted by him, and that looked much, much better...

You can still find some pictures of his work in this thread: Jumanji Board Review (Markpoon's board V2 repainted by Restaurajones)
Thanks a lot for the info man! Appreciated! :)

Very Nice!
If I can ask
I'm trying to make my own with Aspire and a friend that have CNC pantograph. Can I ask what program (or the file, it would be AWESOME) of the ring at center of the paths?
what material have you used?

The ring I simply modeled in Maya and printed out in 3D

I just look at his and I cant compete with that :p Hehehe! Thats a great board!

I wonder if there's any talk about how to make a board with magnetic moving pieces?

Glad you asked. I bought electro magnets for each space on the board for ONE path. Expensive. Because the paths cross, you could only do TWO paths. If you tried to do four token paths, the pieces might jump paths when they crossed and start going down the wrong path. (sounds like a moral lesson in there somewhere)

My goal was to do one path and get the token to be able to move from start to finish without anyone ever moving it. This requires digitizing the game on an arduino or pi and the game activating the electro magnets in sequence. I'm not going to buy another path worth of electro magnets until I get one path to work. This project never got past the planning stage. I have a noble board, the arduino and the magnets.

Glad you asked. I bought electro magnets for each space on the board for ONE path. Expensive. Because the paths cross, you could only do TWO paths. If you tried to do four token paths, the pieces might jump paths when they crossed and start going down the wrong path. (sounds like a moral lesson in there somewhere)

My goal was to do one path and get the token to be able to move from start to finish without anyone ever moving it. This requires digitizing the game on an arduino or pi and the game activating the electro magnets in sequence. I'm not going to buy another path worth of electro magnets until I get one path to work. This project never got past the planning stage. I have a noble board, the arduino and the magnets.
Eventually the next step for my board :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back