Judge_Hellfast's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry -GODZILLA, KING of the MONSTERS

JUDGE_HELLFAST

Judge_Hellfast's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

A 6 YEAR OLD -GODZILLA, KING of the MONSTERS COSTUME

PLEASE VOTE FOR GODZILLA: http://www.therpf.com/gallery/g949-kids.html

This costume was built for my 6 year old nephew, Andrew! He is a huge Godzilla fan! Therefore, what better way than to build it IBOT style...larger than life!!

I realize my build thread is short, sweet and to the point but I'm going as fast as I can in order to submit my entry. I can post more later. :):):cool

My skill as a costume builder goes back about 10 years. Some of my works of art can be seen on HOME - IBOT -Iron Brothers of Topeka. We also have a fanpage on facebook found here: www.facebook.com/IBOTks. Hope you enjoy! :cool

Godzilla was created utilizing the following materials:

Open Cell Foam
A smidge of closed cell foam
High Density Foam Board
Hot Glue
Plasti-Dip
Black Paint
Grey Paint
Strobe Light
2 marbles
1 pair of shoes

Godzilla began his journey by creating the body suit. Once the proportions were sized to the kiddo, then the head sculpt followed. The head started out sort of looking a little elongated at first but that was all corrected by chopping it down.

Once the suit was fully constructed, then some skin texture was needed. To do this, I used a wire brush and roughed up the surface a bit. All this was then Plasti-dipped. A little paint and highlighting and viola! A Godzilla costume!!!!

MOST DIFFICULT THING ABOUT THIS COSTUME! -When you have a full time job and a child to care for, it can make things very difficult in order to have ample amount of time to build something.

Here's a vid of Andrew in action with his Godzilla costume!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85z_hs7IJf8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Re: Judge_Hellfast's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry -GODZILLA, KING of the MONS

I just saw this on Facebook before I hopped on to RPF for the night. AMAZING job!!!!!

Re: Judge_Hellfast's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry -GODZILLA, KING of the MONS

Thanks, brother. :) I think posting this build thread was the hardest part of the contest. LOL

I gotta get some video of this in action from when he went to school with it. The kids were just stunned. LOL

Thanks, brother. :) I think posting this build thread was the hardest part of the contest. LOL

I gotta get some video of this in action from when he went to school with it. The kids were just stunned. LOL

When My kid sees this, she's gonna want something along these lines, but I'm sure it will be a dragon. Thanks for the Inspiration! Thanks for the add on FB tonight too!

Wow....looks great...i have been toying with the idea of working with the open cell foam materials for costuming myself but i have no experience with it. I cant wait to see some video footage of your kiddo walking around in it..

Wonderful job! Sure beats the Ben Coopers I had when I was a kid.

I think this might be the best thing ever. I wish I could have been Godzilla when I was 6.

Thanks for the kudos, gang. I've been absolutely swamped at work here lately. I'm going to post up some video coverage of little Andrew in his Godzilla suit walking around.

I forgot to include that Godzilla has a strobe light mounted in the mouth which makes it appear that he's getting ready to spit fire. The light also lights the eyes as well. With the help of a little speaker in the hip, he's able to roar like the king that he is! OMG, the kids at school went NUTS over little Andrew's costume. It was super fun to see!

You've seriously inspired me to try a Kaiju type costume now. That Godzilla is just aces.

That video is great -- LOVE the audio clip you put in!

Great costume , well done . My Son loves Godzilla but I dont know if I should show him this because he has been nagging me for years to make him one .

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back