Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

good on you funboy I've gotten into that habit too.

ok so here's a funny thing it looks like there was an auction in the states on Sept 27th for a screen used ABC and an auction for another screen used ABC in the UK on Sept 30th??? WTH!!!

and

the descriptions are slightly different and looking more closely at the images they are definitely two different robots.

Not sure why the first link says I am blocked but it seems to still work

Wow so there you go after years and years they both go on auction at the same time! Good to know that they are both still out there in reasonable condition they still look amazing.

Last edited:
ok so I think the US robot was the one they used for the 'standing up' motion and the other for the full body shots. They mentioned that one of the robots came with a spare set of legs and I'm guessing that's for the one brief scene we see of the legs walking.

Nice to the see the controls for the US robot too wow!

hey oota, the pictures you posted, page 12, #228. are those of a screen used head?? also, maybe can you crop the left temple greeblie detail picture and compare to the temple shot of the screen matched one you just posted? :unsure:

hey man yes it is a screen used head pic

abc-warrior-head-model-parts-01 - Copy.jpg

219830_9.jpg

looks like there are a couple of differences but we may be comparing different heads

you the man! and yeah I had to dig back at the pic's because I thought there were some "small" differences. (y) plus the depth... they look deeper inset?!? on the full robot pic's then just the skull pic's.. or maybe it's the angle of the photo.. ;)

yeah I think you might be right there the temple panel does look like it's deeper on the second pic but here's another angle they seem pretty close. It does reinforce to me that they separate heads. So this pic was from Art Andrews and I think it was another auction years ago so there's at least 3 heads out there I reckon :)

judge-dredd-abc-warrior-robot-head-15.jpg

Last edited:
ok so it's been a looooong time between drinks so to speak but I finally have made more progress on this build. Here's the main chest/ backplate piece roughed in ready for final trim and finishing. Excuse the blurry pics but it will give you an idea

Given the glacial slowness of this project I am hoping to have a decent armature made up by the end of the year and be working on the arm pieces as I find the time (or maybe the shoulder pads). that should put firmly in 2021 to 2022 to have all the armour bits done. The vac form the head and start attaching hoses etc. So I reckon it's about a 2030 eta!
20200110_161716 (1024x637).jpg
20200110_161735 (1024x576).jpg
20200110_161747 (1024x576).jpg

as with the other parts of the robot I am using damaged/ reject pieces of ABS for vac forming so there is alot of extra holes and tears to repair. The good thing about that is it gives the robot more of a battle damaged look. I have found builders fill to be very good for gap filling as it partially melts the surface of the ABS and gives it a good bond.

I really enjoy working on this guy when I get the chance wish I could go faster but hey job, kids, house reno have to fit in there too!

Many thanks to everyone who is still following this thread and thanks for your on going comments. I am quietly determined to finish this build up and not let it slide off the to do list. Fortunately I am not really taking on any new builds at the moment so this bucket of bolts is still live! whoo hoo!

Hey, great to see some more progress on this epic build! That chest piece looks really impressive. Looking forward to see how you tackle building the armature.

Hey Blax! happy new year nice to hear from you long time no speak. Thanks man I am taking your advice given to me long ago and going for an all aluminium frame and I've ditched the idea of have any movement in the interests of errr movement in the project :)

Must try and get down to see you fullas sometime soon

cheers
oota

wellllll..... I reckon the 10 year anniversary of me starting this prop will be coming round soon enough Blax :0 Not this december but next

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back