Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

5 months bro... :cry

Hey man yeah I know :( I'm up to my eyeballs in a house renovation so I have very little time to work on him........I have been a bit stuck about how to tackle the mid section which is the bit I'm up to. But recently I've come up with a solution which is to ignore the mid section!!

So instead I'm starting in on the chest pieces to hell with the middle bit :)

And believe it or not I actually started templating this pieces. I'm going to vac form his chest from the top down, then add other vac formed elements or plastic sheet to this piece. I'll post a pic or two soon once I've gotten the form roughed in a bit.

Time goes so quick at the moment but rest assured this project is far from being abandoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Oot! Been wondering how it's going up your way. Hope life is leaving you some play time after all the work...

Hey Blax sorry man I've been out of the loop a bit recently. Things are going good but the robot is not progressing much. I've put the legs on a platform and put him in the way of my workspace so I have to look at him and work around him when I'm in there. That way he doesn't get forgotten about!

- - - Updated - - -

ok so check this out!!

http://www.icollector.com/ABC-Warrior-Robot-maquette-from-Judge-Dredd_i30074846

I completely missed this auction that finished in early June but wow the original concept maquette very tasty well worth zooming in on to look at the detail.

As far as ABC building it's not especially useful but it's a lovely piece!

and here's a fan made head for sale on ebay they got 80 quid for it. Not the most accurate of heads out there but hey they finished it and it captures the feel of the beast

15625085_1546517905363093_4023337552562880512_n.jpgs-l1600.jpg

believe it or not I've been working on the chest pieces. Everytime I think I've got a chance to do some vac forming work gets in the way! But I am still committed to finishing this robot.........eventually :)

ok so no vac forming done missed my chance to pull the chest pieces. I have since started relocating my workshop to my new place so the vac former is offline for a few more weeks.

But still the desire to finish (restart) this guy has not faded even after so many years haha!

Hey hotwing

780mm x 610mm I've found it to be surprisingly good at fitting the shapes I need for this build. The chest plate just fits in there and will hopefull behave itself :)

Holy crap! The screen used robot was up for auction in sept this year. gah! I missed the auction which is fine as I can't afford 50 - 100k quid for this beast but man I want it so bad.

Good news is there are some excellent pics attached to auction for all you ABC builders out there (you know who you are) including a really good shot of the back which as far as I know is the only image of the back online. I will be drooling over these over the next few days

Last edited:
damn, I actually bumbed into the studio used prop at an FX warehouse at elstree stuidio when i was about 13 or 14.... I liked it but I didnt pay too much attention to it (I really should have) I was there to try and check out something else... Even got to see a bunch of Fifth Element guns in corbin dalises ceiling mounted rack...

Heck they even had the cryo storage box thing from the Brit tv show Bugs there.... Seeing it up close you then realise it was a pressure cooker pot with some lights and keypads attached :D

Anyway yeah they had the ABC robot there and the thing was HE-UGE!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back