"Judge" 1:1 Resin Bust from The Frighteners!

The Death Curse

Good day, everyone!

I used to post here regularly a few years ago, but I've stopped using message boards for the most part. I'm a sculptor dude who has offered various replicas over the years...I am probably most known on the RPF as the guy who restored and offered the T-1000 "Donut Head" and "Splash Head" movie mold designs from Terminator 2 back in 2012, BEFORE ole Donut got recasted to the moon by a ton of people on Ebay. :lol: Attached below is a new pic below of the original, production-made, movie-molded bust those replicas came from (for tax, basically).
DSC_0227.JPG

Anyway, this thread's real purpose is just to show off the progress of my new sculpture of John Astin as "Judge" from the 1996 film, "The Frighteners." This guy is sculpted from scratch. He's created with Chavant NSP Soft, and will be produced as a life-sized display. I am about 95% complete with him at this point, but I still need to add a few small things like a couple eye wrinkles, the name of the bust in the back ("All Dried Up" is the title), and my name carved somewhere, but what you see is basically the final product. He's based on the actual makeup application process by Brian Penikas of the original Rick Baker design, which was a bit different than the static sculpture castings put up for sale a couple years ago by Propstore. I will NOT be sculpting the mustache or hair...These things, I would prefer to add separately with human hair or other follicles for a proper, accurate display.

The link provided below *should* take you directly to a public photo album on my Facebook page, where you can see around 50 different photos of the sculpture in different lighting at many angles. If the link doesn't work, I've attached a few different shots below for reference, too. :3 He's gonna go for $300 per blank, hollow-cast, gray resin "kit" (because the jaw bone will be separately cast and included with the bust itself).

For this project, as I usually have to do, I am needing 10 pre-orders to fund the mold for him. I may have a Junkyard Thread posted for this shortly. If you would like to jump on board or have any questions about the piece, shoot me a PM or respond here and I will follow up to any questions as soon as possible. Thanks for checking him out!! :D

DSC_1125.JPGDSC_1123.JPGDSC_1120.JPGDSC_1166.JPGDSC_1109.JPGDSC_1108.JPGDSC_1141.JPG

Thanks again,

Marshall

Last edited:
Always liked that movie. Think the Directors Cut is the best version.

You really captured the look of the character. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

Always liked that movie. Think the Directors Cut is the best version.

You really captured the look of the character. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.
Thank you so much, sir!! I really put my best foot forward with this one...It was my first old skin texture ever, so I learned a lot that I can use to do better in the future. I'm about to send you a PM, just so you'll be on the lookout for it.

thats looking great, good likeness to, good luck with the rest o the project
Hey, frosty! I remember you from years ago on the Nightowl forums!! I hope you're doing well. Your sculptures always kick ass, so I appreciate your feedback. I'm going to have hand-laced eyebrows and mustache added to it soon, so watch out for an update over the next couple of months. :)

Thanks again,

Marshall

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back