JTM's HD Iron Man MKVII foam templates files and build thread.

Or at least the missing parts, even still folded, like handplates and neck and helmet. I know we can use equivalent parts from other modelers, but I like when a build follows a certain logic. Please :)

sorry master JF but this are the only parts that JTM gave me. you want the unfolded pdo files so you can edit them? gimme your email bro.

Well I assume the unfolded pdo files are already here in the first post. I'll ask JTM, at least for his neck part, because his back part is designed to recieve the upper part of the spine embedded at the rear of this neck. Just here :
jtmback1.jpg

Anyway it's always possible to cut straight, discarding this notch, and then adapt it to the third party chosen neck :
jtmback2.jpg

Thanks for the unfold, and thanks to JTM for this awesome model :)

I've been using these files for a few months now and I'm really happy with the way stuff has turned out. Haven't yet taken pics of my work as I have been taking my sweet time and it doesn't look like much yet. I've gotten only the chest back and part of the abs done. However, I'm not using foam as a building material but rather illustration board to be later hardened with fiberglass (much like the cardboard method). I've never heard of anyone who's done this before so I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. Anyway, really awesome build guys and keep up the good work! Can't thank Gaiatron and JTM enough ;)

Well I assume the unfolded pdo files are already here in the first post. I'll ask JTM, at least for his neck part, because his back part is designed to recieve the upper part of the spine embedded at the rear of this neck. Just here :
http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/jtmback1.jpg
Anyway it's always possible to cut straight, discarding this notch, and then adapt it to the third party chosen neck :
http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/jtmback2.jpg

Thanks for the unfold, and thanks to JTM for this awesome model :)

thank you very much for pointing something out re the model. that was a really big help you did master JF. btw, can you help me in scaling it for a 5' 10" build?

I've been using these files for a few months now and I'm really happy with the way stuff has turned out. Haven't yet taken pics of my work as I have been taking my sweet time and it doesn't look like much yet. I've gotten only the chest back and part of the abs done. However, I'm not using foam as a building material but rather illustration board to be later hardened with fiberglass (much like the cardboard method). I've never heard of anyone who's done this before so I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. Anyway, really awesome build guys and keep up the good work! Can't thank Gaiatron and JTM enough ;)

no problem man still waiting for JTM's MKVI model to come out hehehehehehe

I'm also working on my armor mark 7, but I am undecided on whether to continue it with paper or foam to make it, I need advice because the foam needs cutting angles and stuff, I'm not very good for that. Can you help me?

Attachments

• 1373062_578496315545347_1903431203_n.jpg
    1373062_578496315545347_1903431203_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 495
  • 1376148_578496292212016_748976078_n.jpg
    1376148_578496292212016_748976078_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 444
  • imagen001.jpg
    imagen001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 419
  • imagen005.jpg
    imagen005.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 383
  • imagen008.jpg
    imagen008.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Hey there! Thanks to jtm for those awesome files and to gaiatron for the clean unfold!

I have a question regarding the scale. Are all files scaled right to each other? The question comes up because I scaled up the chest/back and the abdomen up by 6.6%. Now looking at the left arm model the scale just seems to be right as it is, scaling up by 6.6% seems to be too huge. This confuses me a bit. The suit won't be worn later on, so it does not matter if it fits to me but the look and the proportions are much more important for me so thats a big deal.

hi I'm quite new at this, I took a challenge once and I finished it, now I'm looking for another one I finish a Robocop robocop alba party 433.JPGrobocop alba party 435.JPG I've been looking a lot for iron man files and this are great files,they look easy, good work, but here is where I need help,

With Robocop I spend a lot of $$$ and wasted waayyyy to much material because it doesn't matter how many times I measure my arms, legs, chest, they never match with each other,so after spending time cutting & gluing they're were too big or too small, too long or too short.
I'm 5'8" I read from someone here at RPF to scale it at 23.5 - 24 but when i put those ## at the scale of P designer it doesn't work

Can you or someone that read this HELP ME

PLEASE

what neck file are you guys using??? this is my fav mk7 model so far.
maybe we can get a scale chart going? so far for 5'10" we a scale of 795.

what neck file are you guys using??? this is my fav mk7 model so far.
maybe we can get a scale chart going? so far for 5'10" we a scale of 795.

Try to look for omarbou's neck file. He released one for the mk7 but gaiatron hasn't converted it for foam use yet.

Hey there! Thanks to jtm for those awesome files and to gaiatron for the clean unfold!

I have a question regarding the scale. Are all files scaled right to each other? The question comes up because I scaled up the chest/back and the abdomen up by 6.6%. Now looking at the left arm model the scale just seems to be right as it is, scaling up by 6.6% seems to be too huge. This confuses me a bit. The suit won't be worn later on, so it does not matter if it fits to me but the look and the proportions are much more important for me so thats a big deal.

I'm running into this dilemma as well. Looking at the default scales for each file I'm seeing wildly different values:
Shin - 622.122683
Thigh - 675.488547
Chest - 756.077982
Back - 756.077982
Abdomen - 795.622309
Arm Set - 808.205003

Where my confusion lies is this:
Are these all modelled to scale and, thus setting everything to the same value (say 795) will keep it all in scale together? (Meaning the files were uploaded out of scale from one another but the numbers are in a consistent scale.)

Or are these files already in scale with one another by default, despite what the default number says? (Meaning I should just apply a multiplier to each file to increase the scale and ignore the default numbers for comparative purposes.)

I love the model JTM has created and gaiatron did an incredible job with the unfold, but this is really throwing me off when I'm trying to measure things.

Hi Gaitron!
First, thank you for all this great job! That's really impressive! By the way, i want to thank JTM to do this crazy 3d model of Iron Man MK7!
After, i've some questions... When we're doing this armor with foam, is it possible to have a final hard armor with this technics (different to pepakura + resin)?
And so, if it's impossible to do it hard... Have i just to undo unfold foam files of pepakura to fold them with peps technics?
Finally to have peps files with your foam files...
Thank you so much!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back