JSIN Props Mandalorian Helmet First Look! (Weathered, Extra Details, + Light)

tykyu

Link Here!
Hi guys! I've finally gotten my hands on one of Jsin Prop's new V3 Mandalorian helmets. I just put together my brief thoughts in this youtube link above. This helmet is really a beaut-! I see why so many people on this forum enjoy it and speak so well of it. ^^
If you want me to measure it or have any questions about it, feel free to ask below heh

Jsin is one of the best prop makers I’ve dealt with and for the standard of communication and service, he’s up there with the best.
Do you have any closeups of the ear cap joins to the helmet you could post- it was difficult to make out on your video?

I've got a look at one of his more recent ones. It arrived from Roland on 4/20. I'm on the fence about it. I'm not sure what version it is of his, but it's rather short. The finish is great and that alumiluster paint is spot on. Likewise the materials are solid. But there was a noticeable bit of clumping in next to the temple. And again, the whole helmet is just a tad small and short, to the point where my chin is clearly visible with it on. Not sure if it's just the version or a flaw in the casting? Maybe it's intentional, but it does look a bit short compared to screengrabs. Here it is (left) alongside the Anovos version (right). For the price, it's not bad at all.

Attachments

• IMG_7163.jpg
    IMG_7163.jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_7173.jpg
    IMG_7173.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_7175.jpg
    IMG_7175.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 276
I've got a look at one of his more recent ones. It arrived from Roland on 4/20. I'm on the fence about it. I'm not sure what version it is of his, but it's rather short. The finish is great and that alumiluster paint is spot on. Likewise the materials are solid. But there was a noticeable bit of clumping in next to the temple. And again, the whole helmet is just a tad small and short, to the point where my chin is clearly visible with it on. Not sure if it's just the version or a flaw in the casting? Maybe it's intentional, but it does look a bit short compared to screengrabs. Here it is (left) alongside the Anovos version (right). For the price, it's not bad at all.
Great comparison. Yes, the helmet is supposed to be smaller. The smaller size is more accurate, as the Anovos is slightly scaled up.

Would be possible to know what size is it? At least one or two general measures?
Sure. Due to it's shape it's a bit difficult, but here's some key ones.

Outside width across base 9.25"
Outside width from front to back 10.125"
Outside width across brow, ear to ear 9.65"
Outside height when sitting on shelf 9.5"
Front length from visor brow (center) to base tip 6.25"
Front length from top of cheek guard (center) to base tip 5.5"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back