JPG’s 1/2500 Starship of David (from Jews in Space!)

nicholassagan

Mel Brooks is great. History of the World Pt2 is great. Jews in Space is great. And of course the Starship of David is great. JPG commissioned me to do the master for this kit for release at this past year’s Wonderfest and I’m finally getting around to a preview build…after every kit sold out! :p

I’m pretty darn happy with the way it turned out. The parts clean up easily and assembly will be a breeze. Each hemisphere of the hull is split down the center so there is a tiny bit of seam cleanup. I’m doing a modular paint process before the actual assembly on this one to save myself the effort of masking. It’s a fun, quick build so far!

ssod_img_4338.jpg

ssod_img_4341.jpg

ssod_img_4342.jpg

ssod_img_4343.jpg

ssod_img_4344.jpg

ssod_img_4345.jpg

ssod_img_4346.jpg

ssod_img_4347.jpg

Thanks guys! Yes, the master was 3D printed (I did the mastering, too :p) Anyway, more progress! Once the base coat of paint on the panels dried I gave them a dark gray wash and then dry brushed them with some silver. Also got the hulls cleaned up, preshaded and base coated! I went with a slower approach using multiple thinned down coats of flat white. The subtle preshading doesn’t show up super great in these pics but it’s there. They’ll be more prominent in the studio pics. Assembly was pretty easy. There are only a few seams between the paneling that will need to be painted darker gray. Other than that she’s shaping up nicely!

ssod_img_4349.jpg

ssod_img_4351.jpg

ssod_img_4354.jpg

ssod_img_4355.jpg

ssod_img_4358.jpg

ssod_img_4360.jpg

ssod_img_4362.jpg

ssod_img_4363.jpg

ssod_img_4364.jpg

ssod_img_4367.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm...looking at those references I should have done the whole thing in white....I knew those panels were looking a little dark...

Looks great! I'm sorry I missed out on these. I always try to do as much prepainting as possible because I hate masking with a passion...

Never seen the film but that is one great looking ship, i wouldn't mind building t myself given the chance, very nice work indeed.

Hey guys! I'm Jimi, and I run .JPG Productions. This is my kit, and I gotta say Nicholas did a fantastic job on the 3D work and this build here.

If you are wondering, this kit is NOT out of production, I just have to find the time to restock the SSM Store. Should be in a few weeks. Thanks for all the interest, and kudos to Nick for a great buildup.

I know this is an old post but where can a guy get the stl files for this print. With the current talk of "jewish space lasers" I would love to print one as a cheeky gift for a coworker. If they are not available or an intellectual property, I completely understand. Thanks for your time.

Sorry for the double post.

I know this is an old post but where can a guy get the stl files for this print. With the current talk of "jewish space lasers" I would love to print one as a cheeky gift for a coworker. If they are not available or an intellectual property, I completely understand. Thanks for your time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back