Joker Suicide Squad Pistol

Evan140392

Hey there, this is my first ever attempt at trying to build a replica prop from a movie. Ive got a toy gun that looks similar enough to the one used for the movie, and ive got the grip logos and slide top extras that I need, but i have idea how im going to do the slide graphics on the sides. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jokergun.png

well, you've got a world of options at your disposal. Which one to go to depends on what you're going to do with it, how accurate you want it to be, and what the prop pistol you're making it from is made of.

This simplest way, is to just paint it on. and if you're just looking to have it recognizable as his pistol (say, as part of a one off Halloween costume) you don't even have to paint the same pattern, just a series of gold stripes on black.

if you can find an honest to god straight from the side picture, you could also print it out at the proper scale, onto decal transfer paper, and apply it to the exterior of the prop. (since the pattern is all gold and black, it should print well on a home printer even).

If you want the details to be a physical part of the gun (like in the picture, from what I can tell), you can use a "wood burner" type device to burn the pattern in, or a very small dremmel bit, if it's going on a plastic prop. if your prop is metal, you'll need to have it laser engraved or go at it with a very small dremmel, or even CNCed.

laser engraving, or CNC will require doing the art design prior.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back