Joker and Harley Quinn Movie

joberg

Legendary Member
Leto and Robbie are set to reprise their role for this new installment of Suicide Squad. According to the Hollywood Reporter, it'll be a "criminal love story" written by Todd Phillips (Hangover) and him possibly directing.

Re: New Suicide Squad!

Leto and Robbie are set to reprise their role for this new installment of Suicide Squad. According to the Hollywood Reporter, it'll be a "criminal love story" written by Todd Phillips (Hangover) and him possibly directing.

This isn't the Suicide Squad sequel. This is a Joker & Harley Quinn movie. One article I read said something along the lines this is hoping to go into production shortly after wrapping Suicide Squad 2 wraps.

Re: New Suicide Squad!

Joker and Harley Quinn Movie Scores 'Crazy Stupid Love' Filmmakers to Write, Direct | Hollywood Reporter

"Insiders say that the plan is for this feature to go after the studio makes a sequel to Suicide Squad. The latter is on the development fast-track and out to directors. But the Joker and Harley Quinn movie is also moving fast as Warners has to contend with actors' holding agreements, say sources."

And then there is the Harley Quinn & the Ladies of DC Movie and the Joker origin film in development. WB throwing darts in all possible directions and hoping something lands on target.

Image by David Chen‏.

https://twitter.com/davechensky/status/900725715728912385

DIAFQeJUAAIrDMF.jpg:large

The Joker is ultimately a monster sick and brutal. Quinn mentally damaged to follow such a cruel inhumane sick being.
Now don't get me wrong, I love these characters for many decades believe me, but they are the VILLIANS.
Making movies with the comic bad guys as the focus is supposed to do what exactly?
Granted these film incarnations of these characters are not for me, but I do have to wonder about this aspect,
they aren't supposed to be anti-heroes like Catwoman is portrayed sometimes.

Not to mention we now have good guys killing that never would do so in comics.

Harumph!!!!

Margo Robbie looks the part but I hate current, over-sexualized characterizations of the Harley Quinn character. Just...no.

As far as the Joker/Harley thing goes, there's a lot of good meat there to get one's teeth into (just look at Dini's Mad Love), if they look at the origins of the character. I mean, a psychiatrist studies the criminally insane, meets the worst of the worst and schemes to get rich from it, goes for an outing with the madman and falls into a psychosis on her own. On top of CessnaDriver's point, it's a terrible relationship and it shouldn't be something that's glamorized. That's plenty interesting and rife with drama; there's plenty of potential for something genuinely great. Unfortunately, the talent and the people in charge just aren't there to see it and make it.

What I'd love to see a series of shorts, fly-on-the-wall style, like Quinn had put hidden cameras in her office to record her Joker sessions, and through the arc of these shorts we see just how she turns over to side with the Joker. The way I imagine it is like the Clarice/Lecter segments from Silence of the Lambs.

"Criminal love story"? Oh come on. Bandwagons are just gonna come around and go like OMG JOKER AND HARLEY ARE GOALS without even knowing what the hell kind of relationship they really have

She was a "gun moll" another goon for The Joker to USE.
Somehow it evolved too far I think going into this film, remains to be seen of course.
The Joker is only going to see her at most as a pet, a tool, a means to an end,
a disposable, he doesn't love her, he isn't capable and would considers it a grand joke of all to care about someone else.
She however suffers from tons of mental issues herself and the fact he will never love her
keeps her in orbit in some twisted deluded hope he someday will.

So god help us if they turn it into some grand love story between these two.
I already see some Facebooky posts showing these two together by soap opera/drama types like
it's some cool alt-love oh were so different from society nobody understands us.
These people are the LAST examples to romanticize. They are the worst trainwreck examples
and that is the entertaining part.

These are not people to elevate to great couple status. LOL

The simple fact is the Joker/Harley relationship is (and was blatantly originally written as) twisted and abusive. The Joker used every mind game he knew to get inside his psychiatrist's head, twist her mind, make her fall for him and break her spirit. It's all there in Batman: TAS.
It's not romantic, it's creepy and demeaning. Harley is much netter off without him, or in one of the continuities where she's with Ivy. At least Ivy treats her as an equal with a brain.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back